TORNADO in FLORIDA

Old April 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default TORNADO in FLORIDA

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:41:24 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 23:20:50 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:09:44 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:02:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 00:53:59 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:34:36 -0400,
wrote:

Key West has the most water spouts anywhere in the US. But most of
them don't get to be tornados, so it isn't as much of a problem there.

Unless you are having to pilot through them.

No not even then. My husband did a whole project on them (Navy)
where the idea was to fly through water spouts and measure them - he
did that for a year - went up in the afternoon and hunted for water
spouts to fly through.

No thanks, my Cessna 182 tell me to fly the points around. So does my
common sense.

I'm sure your common sense is right for your Cessna.

But he was flying a Navy plane which is a little more heavily built
than a Cessna as it has to land on the carrier deck.

What up on that, Granny, he's waaaaay out of my aviation class. Thanks
to you and especially to him for mil services rendered.

We lived in Key West for three years in the late 60s while he was
stationed there as a part of the Test and Evaluation Squadron for
Anti-Submarine Warfare. Sometime after that he went through Test
Pilot School at Pax River NAS. He retired with 20 in 1979