Grand Princess feedback

Old November 29th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Peri

Default Grand Princess feedback

Hi all,

We recently found ourselves able to cruise during the first week of January
(after New Year's), and, probably like many of you, got an e-mail offer from
Princess for $699 balcony cabins with a mini-suite upgrade for only $99 more.

Strongly considering it (love the fact that while it's a Western itinerary, it's
got Costa Maya instead of Jamaica, and since it's not Royal, we can skip Labadee
-- been there enough, thank you!), but have read a couple of mixed reviews about
the ship recently. I can't imagine why we wouldn't love it, we very much
enjoyed our Sea Princess cruise two years ago, but would love to hear from
anyone that's done the Grand within the past few months.

Thanks in advance.

~ Peri

Old November 29th, 2003, 04:43 AM
KPJEG

Go we had such a great time on her august 2002 !! It's now my wife favorite
ship!!! The cabins are a good side .. Next august cruise was between the
Caribbean Princess and the N.Dawn .We pick the dawn .My wife didn't want to
spend the 2 weeks before our cruise in FLA this summer . But you will have a
great time on the Grand Princess !!.
Ken G.........
Old November 29th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Bob Hersey

Hello Peri,

We are sailing Grand Princess 1-11-04, a week after you. We haven't seen
the $699 balcony offer. Could you e-mail it.

We are on Baja with an inside category I. We expect to get an upgrade offer
from Princess soon and we want to have an idea of what a fair price would be
for an upgrade.

KPJEG and Gregory C. Read replied with strong recommendations for Grand.
What negative comments did you garner from the "mixed review"?

Bob

. ..

Old November 29th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Linda Coffman

We sailed on Grand Princess last September with two other couples. All had
mini-suites. My husband wasn't looking forward to a cruise on such a large
ship with so many people, but ended up really enjoying the ship and PC
dining. Our review starts here... http://cruisediva.com/Grand_diary.htm

Hope this helps.

Linda
CruiseDiva.com
http://cruisediva.com

Old November 29th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Peri

Linda, thanks. I read the review when you originally posted it, but as with most
things, it didn't really stick until it became relevant to ME! After reading
the comments already posted, I can't imagine why we won't just go ahead and book
this baby. Now we have to decide whether or not to try Personal Choice dining...

~ Peri

Old November 30th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Bob Hersey

Hello Linda,

Scanned your review of Grand Princess and enjoyed what I read immensely.
Will have to return to read it beginning to end. You mentioned a cab to
Majahual. Was it Uvero Beach and do you remember how much the cab fare was?

Bob

Old November 30th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Linda Coffman

"Bob Hersey" wrote in message...

Scanned your review of Grand Princess and enjoyed what I read immensely.
Will have to return to read it beginning to end. You mentioned a cab to
Majahual. Was it Uvero Beach and do you remember how much the cab fare

was?

Bob, our friends took the cab to Majahual for the day and I would have to
ask them, but doubt they remember the name of the beach. From what they
said, everything was pretty cheap--the cab, food, beers. They even had
massages on the beach that were only a fraction of what they'd have cost on
the ship

Linda
CruiseDiva.com
http://cruisediva.com

Old November 30th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Eileen Garland

Peri wrote:

Linda, thanks. I read the review when you originally posted it, but as
with most things, it didn't really stick until it became relevant to
ME! After reading the comments already posted, I can't imagine why we
won't just go ahead and book this baby. Now we have to decide whether
or not to try Personal Choice dining...

Uh, you may not have to decide, actually. On the Golden Princess two
years ago nearly everyone was given Personal Choice the first night. So
be prepared for that; we had no trouble getting it changed for the rest
of the cruise.

Eileen

Old November 30th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Brenda

Believe me, you will not feel like you are cruising with 2700+ folks.
We have cruise Grand, Golden & Star & never had problems. Just
debarkation is the only time you have lines for customs, the airport
in FLL is unbelievable with us lined up to the parking garage last
Saturday (11/29).