Getting from the Interisland terminal to Diamond head Concourse?

Old January 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

Default Getting from the Interisland terminal to Diamond head Concourse?

Hi all

I am posting again, as I am wondering if there is some type of shuttle
or tram that takes passengers from the Interisland Terminal to the
Diamond Head Concourse. Our flights home from Hawaii this coming may
are with Aloha (ITO-HNL) and then UA to the mainland. I have looked at
the Honolulu Airport website (http://www.honoluluairport.com/) and it
seems to be one of the most useless (has terminal maps with little or
no detail) and out of date sites (lists TWA as a carrier there) I have
seem.

Thanks again
Michael
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

are with Aloha (ITO-HNL) and then UA to the mainland. I have looked at
the Honolulu Airport website (http://www.honoluluairport.com/) and it
seems to be one of the most useless (has terminal maps with little or
no detail) and out of date sites (lists TWA as a carrier there) I have
seem.

It is a pretty lousy web site, but the answer to your question is he

http://www6.hawaii.gov/dot/airports/faq.htm

You can walk between terminals in about 15 minutes, or there is a bus
called the Wiki Wiki shuttle that runs every 20 minutes or so.
Wikipedia even has an article on the bus which tells us both that its
name was the inspiration for web wikis, and that it's supposed to be
replaced by a moving sidewalk sometime this year.

Old January 27th, 2008, 12:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

wrote in message
Hi all

I am posting again, as I am wondering if there is some type of shuttle
or tram that takes passengers from the Interisland Terminal to the
Diamond Head Concourse. Our flights home from Hawaii this coming may
are with Aloha (ITO-HNL) and then UA to the mainland. I have looked at
the Honolulu Airport website (http://www.honoluluairport.com/) and it
seems to be one of the most useless (has terminal maps with little or
no detail) and out of date sites (lists TWA as a carrier there) I have
seem.

Thanks again
Michael

There is a "wiki wiki" bus (means "quick" in Hawaiian) - it runs frequently
and is free; you can also walk it in about 15 minutes.

Old January 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Pro

UA and Aloha are code-share partners.
Aloha operates out of the Interisland Terminal (not commuter terminal)
UA operates out of Lobby 8.
Lobby 8 is the farthest lobby/terminal away from the interisland
terminal.
It will take about 10-15 mins to walk to Lobby 8.
You will most likely have to go through security again.
How long is your layover/connection time?

I usually just walk, but I always webcheck in, so I bypass the
traditional waiting in
line checkin process.

Most likely you have at least 1.5 hours between flights.
Plenty of time to walk or take the wiki-wiki shuttle.
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Justin Case[_3_]

"Chilly8" wrote in :

I would like to know what they were smoking. TWA has ONLY
existted as a "virtual airline" in FLIGHT SIMULATOR.

Better tell the people living in Los Angeles that a "virtual airliner"
had been on approach to LAX. Please stop showing your ignorance.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/photos/middle/2/2/3/1317322.jpg

Old January 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Justin Case[_2_]

DevilsPGD wrote in
:

Anyone else think Chilly8 is like Homer, written to get dumber and
dumber as time goes on?

Actually, the "8" in the user name is either age or IQ.
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dgs[_5_]

Chilly8 wrote:

I would like to know what they were smoking.

I'd like to know when you're going to QUIT POSTING YOUR STUPID
IGNORANT **** to this newsgroup, you drooling moron!

TWA has ONLY
existted as a "virtual airline" in FLIGHT SIMULATOR. Trans
World Airlines has ONLY existed in Microsoft Flight Simulator,
and has NEVER existed in the REAL WORLD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA
http://www.flytwa.com/
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/chasingthesu...anies/twa.html

YOU'RE A MORON! GET OFF THIS NEWSGROUP NOW, YOU WORTHLESS
IDIOT! YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR STUPID
SIMULATION SOFTWARE AND REALITY! DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER AND
GET A CLUE, ASSHOLE!

Why your
map of HNL lists TWA, I will never know.

Why a brain-dead idiot like you continues to draw breath, I
will never know.
--
dgs