future visit to S. Africa

Old November 19th, 2004, 05:28 AM
orchidprincess

Default future visit to S. Africa

I am planning a visit to S. Africa in the next year. What is the best
time to visit ? When best to see the animals on a mini safari...when
is weather best ?..(I prefer it warm ..and not rainy) What should I not
miss ? Is it safe to drive alone (two women) to a winery ? Have you
heard of Robertson Winery..worth a visit?
THANKS!!

--
orchidprincess
orchidprincess's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=239

Old November 19th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Marc Lurie

The best time for safari in Kruger is in winter (May to September)
when the grass is shorter, and the weather is cooler. The problem is
that this is a lousy time of the year to visit the Cape because it's
rainy and wet.

Overall, the best times would probably be from September to end
November, and then March to May.

Robertson Winery is well known, and it is safe for two women to drive
there.

You shouldn't miss Kruger. Cape Town is very pleasant at the right
time of the year. Depending on your interests, Johannesburg could be
very attractive as well.

What are your interests: lazy beaches, adventure sports, good food,
gambling, clubs, wildlife, museums, amusement parks, ethnic
experiences, geology, history etc. There's something for everyone
here...

Regards,
Marc

Old November 19th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Corné

"orchidprincess" schreef in
bericht news

I am planning a visit to S. Africa in the next year. What is the best
time to visit ? When best to see the animals on a mini safari...when
is weather best ?..(I prefer it warm ..and not rainy) What should I not
miss ? Is it safe to drive alone (two women) to a winery ? Have you
heard of Robertson Winery..worth a visit?
THANKS!!

--

The best time to see animals can also differ. In the winter (july and
august) the bush is dry, and you can see far. In december a lot of animals

Good luck with your preparations!

Corné.
www.amukela.com

Old November 19th, 2004, 02:11 PM
riverman

"orchidprincess" wrote in
message news

I am planning a visit to S. Africa in the next year. What is the best
time to visit ? When best to see the animals on a mini safari...when
is weather best ?..(I prefer it warm ..and not rainy) What should I not
miss ? Is it safe to drive alone (two women) to a winery ? Have you
heard of Robertson Winery..worth a visit?
THANKS!!

Anytime, pretty much anytime, anytime except the rainy season (November
through March), depends on how much time and money you have...its a big
country, yes--very, no, couldn't say.

Pleasure,

--riverman