Cabo San Lucas Excursions - Sail And Snorkel Excursion or Chileno Bay Snorkeling

Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:26 PM
John Mason

Default Cabo San Lucas Excursions - Sail And Snorkel Excursion or Chileno Bay Snorkeling

Am trying to decide between two Princess excursions in Cabo San Lucas.
They are the Sail And Snorkel Excursion and Chileno Bay Snorkeling.
Below are brief descriptions of each from the Princess website:

Sail And Snorkel Excursion - Board either an ex-racing sloop or
sailing catamaran, and cruise past Los Arcos to Pelican Rock. Sail or
motor past Lover's Beach and the sea lion colony, entering the waters
of the Gulf of California. Drop anchor in palm-lined Santa Maria Cove,
where one has approximately one hour to snorkel or swim through waters
teeming with colorful tropical fish, including Moorish Idols and King
and Cortez anglefish.

Chileno Bay Snorkeling - Board the Tropicat, one of the premier
sailing vessels in Cabo complete with water slide and ample space for
enjoying the warm sunshine. Cruise past the famed Lover's Beach, the
sea lion colony and towering rock formations of Land's End heading
across the bay eastward down the coast towards Chileno Bay. Located
about 11 miles from Cabo San Lucas, Chileno Bay's reef is teeming with
fish such as Moorish Idols, King and Cortes Angelfish. One will have
approximately two hours to relax on the boat, snorkel or enjoy
complimentary beverages. For the adventurous not interested in
snorkeling, take a short swim and hit the beach in search of long lost
treasure buried in the sands. During the return trip to Cabo San
Lucas, lounge across the bow nets of the catamaran and enjoy an
assortment of finger food and drinks from the open bar.

If anyone has any insight into either of the two excursions, please
post a response.

John
Old December 4th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Bob and Lynn Hidley

I hope anyone with info re Cabo snorkeling who has been there on ships other
than Princess will also respond. We'll be in Cabo on the Norwegian Star
this February. I suspect all lines probably have the same or very similar
tours offered, with the same local vendors.

Old December 4th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Nathan Bohlig

"Bob and Lynn Hidley" wrote in message
I hope anyone with info re Cabo snorkeling who has been there on ships

other
than Princess will also respond. We'll be in Cabo on the Norwegian Star
this February. I suspect all lines probably have the same or very similar
tours offered, with the same local vendors.

We were there recently on the Sapphire Princess. I found the "Sun Rider"
tour to Santa Maria bay via some searching. Here is a description of it -
though I would use this page for information only:

http://sportfishingcabo.hypermart.net/snorkeling.html

I made a reservation for the Sun Rider by googling "Sun Rider" Cabo and
finding the phone number. At $40 each, it was a good value - we got to see
some whales and they were generous with the drinks. I'm not a big
snorkeler, but there were enough fish for me to be happy. They seem to
operate primarily as a comp for people touring time shares - I think we were
the only paying customers that trip.

There were also a number of vendors on the pier hawking the Oceanus for
$20 - not sure if that is for the full tour though.

Enjoy your trip!

Old December 5th, 2004, 01:20 PM
MJDEEG

I booked a deepsea sailfishing excursion and caught one.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.