Giuliani tops poll of most popular US politicians

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

Default Giuliani tops poll of most popular US politicians

Mar 07 10:54 AM US/Eastern
Email this story

Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani is the most popular politician
in the United States, according to a national poll this week testing
support for potential candidates in the 2008 presidential race.

The survey of some 1,900 voters by the Quinnipiac Polling Institute
asked respondents to rate several nationally known politicians on a
scale from 0 to 100, with higher numbers reflecting higher regard.

Giuliani topped the list, with an average score of 63.5 percent,
followed by Democratic Senator Barack Obama, seen as one of his party's
rising stars. Obama scored 59.9.

In third place was maverick veteran Republican US Senator John McCain
at 59.7, followed by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice with a score
of 57.1.

Former US President Bill Clinton rounded out the top five with a score
of 56.1 in the poll by the Hamden Connecticut-based political
institute.

His wife, US Senator Hillary Clinton, seen as the Democrats' top bet to
run for the White House in 2008, came in eighth place, with a score of
50.4.

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

Rudy will be the next prez and the Republicans will continue to control
congress.

Jigsaw

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:37 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

wrote in message
oups.com...
Rudy will be the next prez and the Republicans will continue to control
congress.

Jigsaw

The psychology on this is really undergoing a lot of analysis.

I think Giuliani is a strong person and a good potential candidate.

But don't overlook Hillary. She is very popular in New York. The
Republicans are VERY unpopular now with the left, with the independents,
and even with some of their own people.

Things can change a lot before election time, but Bush and Cheney
have alienated a lot of people. Many of us are tired of seeing Bush's
face,
tired of being misled, and tired of his arrogance.

I caught a bit of news on Fox this morning where Hillary is beating
the pants off Rudy in approval ratings. I cant seem to find documentation
online for this, but I believe it was in the range of 52% for Hillary, and
39% for Rudy.

Maybe someone else can document this.

Old March 7th, 2006, 08:14 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

In article . com,
"Earl.Evleth" wrote:

Giuliani topped the list, with an average score of 63.5 percent,
followed by Democratic Senator Barack Obama, seen as one of his party's
rising stars. Obama scored 59.9.

Am I the only person here to have thought that Obama should do something
about changing his truly unfortunate surname?

--
Mr Q. Z. D.
Remove luncheonmeat (truncheon) to reply.
Old March 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

Gee Earl, I didn't know you liked Giuliani (snicker)

Old March 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

On this day of 3-7-2006 11:14 AM, Mr Q. Z. Diablo saw fit to scribe:
In article . com,
"Earl.Evleth" wrote:

Giuliani topped the list, with an average score of 63.5 percent,
followed by Democratic Senator Barack Obama, seen as one of his party's
rising stars. Obama scored 59.9.

Am I the only person here to have thought that Obama should do something
about changing his truly unfortunate surname?

Maybe I don't get the joke, but I don't really see what's wrong with it...

--
David C. Haley

(no unmunging necessary)
Old March 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

I heard he changed his first name to Al

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe

"Earl.Evleth" wrote:

Giuliani topped the list, with an average score of 63.5 percent,
followed by Democratic Senator Barack Obama, seen as one of his party's
rising stars. Obama scored 59.9.

Am I the only person here to have thought that Obama should do something
about changing his truly unfortunate surname?

Maybe I don't get the joke, but I don't really see what's wrong with it...

s/b/s

Not really a joke but an unfortunate similarity. His political
opponents could have a ball with it, too.