United Abuse HELP!

Old November 28th, 2003, 11:51 AM
George

Default United Abuse HELP!

Hi there,

I have booked a first class around the world fare. I have done so due
to a disability. Despite having let United Australia know they have
been nothing but rude wrt the booking. They have downgraded my
bookings twice now despite being a first class passenger. In fact
when i called to make sure one particular sector was definately first
I was told that if I was going to "continue being a pain in the ass"
that the help from the medical team would be removed and that the
seats would be given to someone else.
With three weeks to go before I head off i am starting to get worried
that I will be in a worse state after the flights then when i get on.

Can anyone suggest who to contact. United Customer care in Australia
have ignored the fax i have sent.
United have also ignored requests put in by AMEX Platinum Australia.
Should I be calling someone in the states? I hope I am not opening
myself to flaming but I am upset that despite purchasing a first class
ticket United can change seating back to economy at thier whim. abuse
passengers over the phone, and then ignore all tries to get the
problem cleared up.

Hope someone out there can help!!!

George

gefsmith at brisnet.org.au

Old November 28th, 2003, 06:12 PM
mrtravel

George wrote:

[...]

You have an AMEX Platinum card. Maybe you could pay someone for legal
advice? Did you buy this ticket from UA? I really doubt the airline
would be trying to anger someone paying them to bly FC....
Do you really consider it "abuse" to fly Business Class instead of First?

Old November 29th, 2003, 12:19 AM
George

No not at all I consider business usually quite good. I consider
abuse to be being treated rudely on the phone. I can only speak for
myself but I consider being called a pain in the ass and being told
that if I was to call again all assistance will be withdrawn as abuse.
Perhaps I am asking too much of a first class fare.
Old December 1st, 2003, 01:56 AM
Qansett

I definitely suggest you try another arline that will appreciate your
business.
When you do find a suitable airline, tell them what happened with UA

Any Airline with an attitude like UA deserves to go broke.

Old December 1st, 2003, 02:32 AM
mrt

Qansett wrote:

I definitely suggest you try another arline that will appreciate your
business.
When you do find a suitable airline, tell them what happened with UA

Any Airline with an attitude like UA deserves to go broke.

Maybe he could provide a bit more facts. It is quite possible some trips
had no first class seats available.. Like flying on small single class
aircraft. Or, maybe like AA to Latin America. First class domestic seats
become Business Class for international flights.

Old December 1st, 2003, 10:24 AM
None

"mrt" wrote in message
om...
Qansett wrote:

I definitely suggest you try another arline that will appreciate your
business.
When you do find a suitable airline, tell them what happened with UA

Any Airline with an attitude like UA deserves to go broke.

Maybe he could provide a bit more facts. It is quite possible some trips
had no first class seats available.. Like flying on small single class
aircraft. Or, maybe like AA to Latin America. First class domestic seats
become Business Class for international flights.

Or, the O.P. could just be a disgruntled former UA employee looking to
extract a pound of flesh by soiling the UA name on a silly newsgroup.

Old December 1st, 2003, 08:30 PM
George

Gosh you guys are a tough audience.
Firstly I have actually bought 5 F class rtw's over the past 7 year
and I had originally posted to share the experince I had. The
treatment I have recieved was the first time I has seen such a side of
an airline front line worker. Nobody like being called names, no
matter what type of ticket, but I like to think that for the extra $$$
I have forked out for first class, I would at least be listened to.
All UA Flights I have booked have either 2 or three classes. No
matter how ****ed off I am I dont expect an airline to produce a new
plane just to accomodate.

No I dont work for United, I am just a passenger who has had a bad
experience with an corperation. The sad thing is that it is the
action of a single person that has left me so dissillusioned to the
quality of a large corp. Just goes to show how everyone should be
aware of how thier service refects onto a larger picture.

I suppose I am lucky, there are other airlines to choose from.

Old December 1st, 2003, 08:44 PM
mrt

George wrote:
Gosh you guys are a tough audience.

No really, it just isn't the place to post if you want total agreement.

All UA Flights I have booked have either 2 or three classes. No
matter how ****ed off I am I dont expect an airline to produce a new
plane just to accomodate.

Sometimes the 2 classes are Economy and Business.
What reason did they give for the downgrade?
Are downgrades permitted by the airline for the type of ticket you
purchased.

Why do you think you were downgraded?

No I dont work for United, I am just a passenger who has had a bad
experience with an corperation. The sad thing is that it is the
action of a single person that has left me so dissillusioned to the
quality of a large corp.

If you are going to let one airline employee affect you that much, you
will soon run out of airlines to fly.