cheapest travel from london --> Rome

Old June 6th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Dan

Default cheapest travel from london --> Rome

Anyone have any suggestion on a (really) cheap way to get from london
to Rome?

(not including walking/riding/hitching of course)

-TIA

--
I practice the art of creative spelling!

remove 'z' in address for reply
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:11 PM

"Anyone have any suggestion on a (really) cheap way to get from london
to Rome?"

Try the discount airline Ryanair, and book well in advance of your
flight.

Old June 6th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Alfred Molon

In article , Dan says...

Anyone have any suggestion on a (really) cheap way to get from london
to Rome?

Even if you manage to get to Rome really cheap, they will rip you off
there.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from China, Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
Prague, Budapest, Singapore and Portugal
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Runge

Now come on you know it isn't true

"Alfred Molon" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
In article , Dan says...

Old June 6th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:35:37 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Dan says...

Anyone have any suggestion on a (really) cheap way to get from london
to Rome?

Even if you manage to get to Rome really cheap, they will rip you off
there.

*chuckle*

Most people would try to forget about being overcharged for something
and learn from it, but it just seems to have made you decidedly
bitter.

I went there more recently than you, and had no probs. Now just how
did I manage that?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM
n0_w0rr1es

Fly Easyjet from Stansted if you can - we got flights for =A320 return
last year. Rome has to be one of the best cities in Europe to visit, we
loved it and are planning another trip including Pompeii for next year.

Old June 7th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Pred02

There are various way and low-fares to get there, it depends on your
dates, and how much you want to hassle.

Ryanair does operate cheap flights (can be under 50 pounds return in
you book in advance and depart early in the morning) but this will
require you to take night busses/trains to Stansted airport which may
not be convinent. For example, I often take the cheapeest flight from
Stansted at 06:30/7, which means that I leave Victoria coach station
around 3:00am, and travel 1 1/2 hours on the bus to the airport. I
never flew into the two non-main Rome airport's where Ryanair flies,
but expect a transfer bus (with additional costs) there as well.

Easyjet is a bit more expensive, but generally they are bit more
confortable as well, and they fly out of Gatwick and Luton which are
closer to London than Stansted.

Also try Travelocity.co.uk to see, because BA and Alitalia may have
competitive fares.

Really, the following you need to take into account:
1) What kind of a traveller are you (a working man who is not flexiable
with dates/times) and travelling night buses to airports far away
2) How much are you willing to spend?
3) In London, where are you located and which airport is the closest.

Obviously Heathrow is the best connected from central London (tube)
when flying at reasnoble hours, but airport taxes at heathrow (which
are approximately 30-50 pounds for Euro flight) add to the fare price.

With this information, I can better answer your question.

Old June 7th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Jim Ley

On 6 Jun 2005 16:54:18 -0700, "Pred02" wrote:

Easyjet is a bit more expensive, but generally they are bit more
confortable as well, and they fly out of Gatwick and Luton which are
closer to London than Stansted.

Ryanair also has a large number of Luton-Rome flights.

Jim.