Cave tubing in Belize???

Old November 5th, 2003, 09:20 PM
J. Orr

Default Cave tubing in Belize???

Hi..We are going on the NCL Sea in Dec. One of our stops is at Belize...the
cave tubing excursion sounds wonderful...the only problem is our daughter is
11 yrs. old and the information says it's for people 12 yrs. and older. Is
it possible to bring her on this activity? It sounds great... Thanks,
Jenny

Old November 5th, 2003, 11:39 PM

Should have added this webpage address to last posting!
RegTours LTD
Address:http://www.regtour.com/
BL7

Old November 6th, 2003, 11:36 AM
JLeary256

Yes I have done this excursion. A great deal depends on how independent your
daughter is. Can she carry a tube for 45 min. - hour? Freely swim and paddle
by herself? There are some swift moving water over rocks that you have to
cross and swift water in the tube- will this "freak" her out??? It is an
excellent excursion but it greatly depends on the child. I took my 8 year old
neice once to Sting Ray sandbar and she couldn't tolerate it- only an example.
The tour involves an hour+ van ride from town- about 7-8 miles on very
rough nonpaved road. A short walk to the river- crossing the river- an uphill
climb then a level 45 min+ walk, back down to the river, in and out of caves,
with some walking in the river in spots. - to back where you started.
Old November 6th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Somsen Family

We were tubing with Reggie last February. We had our son and nephew both 13
with us. I will say that it was nothing that they were unable to do, but it
was difficult for them and they are both good athletes. In the dry season
there is a lot of paddling to do and the water was quite cool. The day was
plenty warm thankfully, but they were still both chattering by the end. I
guess it just depends on the individual child.

Old November 7th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Maria

My then 10 and 11 yo kids just did this in August. They are competitive
swimmers and did just fine. It was a wonderful experience. We also used Reggie.
Maria

Old November 7th, 2003, 11:56 AM
J. Orr

Thanks to everyone who replied... I've decided to take her. It sounds like
so much fun. I'll be sure to let you know how it was!!
Jenny

Old November 7th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Becca

so much fun. I'll be sure to let you know how it was!!
Jenny

Cave Tubing was the most fun I have had on any excursion. I am so
glad you are taking her, you will have a wonderful time.

We went with Reggie. I took an underwater camera with me, the photos
remind me how much fun we had. I had a lanyard around my neck, I had
the camera hooked to the lanyard. That was a great idea, because you
need both hands to be free. Also, wear a t-shirt, it will keep your
upper arms from rubbing against the inner tube as you paddle. You
will not need bug spray or suntan lotion on this excursion. Wear
AquaSocks or something similar.

Becca -----will do the cave tubing again...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old November 8th, 2003, 12:25 AM
JLeary256

I took an underwater camera with me, the photos
remind me how much fun we had. I had a lanyard around my neck, I had
the camera hooked to the lanyard. That was a great idea, because you
need both hands to be free. Also, wear a t-shirt, it will keep your

Better is to take a cheap disposable with a flash. Then use a "fanny pack"
with a shortened strap around your neck, place the camera in a baggie for even
more protection. Nothing gets wet as your head is out of the water and you can
keep all your valuables with you.
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Coorslte

Becca wrote:
[...]

How about adult non-swimmers? Is this an excursion that would be okay
for them?