Seafood-in-the-Rough in New England?

Old April 10th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Alan Holbrook

Default Seafood-in-the-Rough in New England?

OK, it's that time of year again on the New England coast. The clam
shacks/lobster pounds/fried food joints are pulling down the shutters
and getting ready to re-open. You know the kind I mean (at least, you
do if you've ever been to one...): picnic tables or cracked leatherette
booths, paper plates or paper baskets piled high with fried fisherman's
platters, mounds of french fries, onion rings, or fritters, and, oh
yeah, a side of crisp cole slaw as a sop to the food pyramid freaks.
Pitchers of cold beer. Ah, I can hear the arteries creaking shut now!

So, here's the "which is the true religion" part of the post. In your
humble opinions, what are the "just can't miss this one" fried seafood-
in-the-rough joints anywhere on the New England coast from, say, the
South Shore of Massachusetts to about York Beach in Maine (and yep, I
already know about Woodman's...)?

I'll do a compilation of results and post, if it's worth it.

TIA,
Alan Holbrook
No .sig, I just post on impulse.
Old April 10th, 2004, 11:43 PM
JAlves

In article ,
Alan Holbrook wrote:

[...]

The Lobster Hut in Plymouth.

--
Please reply to the group, not by email. The email address in the
header is not valid unless you remove the obvious.
Old April 11th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
Alan Holbrook wrote:

[...]

Try posting your question in the ne.food newsgroup.