Trendy hostel in Singapore

Old March 9th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Summer Tavern

Default Trendy hostel in Singapore

Cool and trendy backpacker hostel in Singapore's trendy Boat Quay
vicinity. Close to many popular bars, restaurants, cafes, shopping and
tourist attractions. Only 1 minute walk from Clarke Quay MRT station.
Dorm S$20/night, double room S$47/night. Free breakfast and Internet
access. Please visit www.summertavern.com for details.
Old March 9th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Summer Tavern" wrote in message
om...
Cool and trendy backpacker hostel in Singapore's trendy Boat Quay

You mean you have aircon in your premises?

Old March 9th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
"Markku Grönroos" writes:

Cool and trendy backpacker hostel in Singapore's trendy Boat Quay

You mean you have aircon in your premises?

Probably. But what means "trendy"?

Perhaps one corner of the house has collapsed?

Old March 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Rupert Fiennes

Where most of the pretty girls hang out?

Old March 11th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Jonno

What rubbish!
Just went there yesterday coming in from Changi airport after 13hrs on
the plane and they are still under renovations. Their website pictures
of the dorm and communal areas are fake and doctored. Fancy pictures
on their homepage are of the hotspots around singapore; none of which
are of their building.

Summer Tarven, thank you for wasting my time. Cool and trendy you are
not.
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Summer Tavern

(Jonno) wrote in message . com...
What rubbish!
Just went there yesterday coming in from Changi airport after 13hrs on
the plane and they are still under renovations. Their website pictures
of the dorm and communal areas are fake and doctored. Fancy pictures
on their homepage are of the hotspots around singapore; none of which
are of their building.

Summer Tarven, thank you for wasting my time. Cool and trendy you are
not.

Hi Jon

Really sorry about the inconvenience. Didn't expect that we would have
walk-ins without prior reservations. Under the reservation system, we
have only been taking reservations from next week onwards.

You are right, the finishing touches to our reservations are on-going,
we will be open for business next week. The pictures on the website
are the designer's impressions of what our place will look like once
renovations are completed next week. We've also been finalizing our
arrangements on the beer side... as a start we'll be stocking up our
place with beers

Do let me know when you're next in Singapore (to be safer, after next
week, as we may still have teething problems :P ), I'll offer you a
3-day free stay, as I feel bad for the inconvenience caused.

If you are currently still in Singapore, please email me at
. I would really like to arrange to bring you
out on a dinner treat, some local food... on me... serious :P

Regards
Summer Tavern
Singapore
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:23 PM
tin

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:44:21 GMT, Thomas F. Unke
wrote:

(Jonno) writes:

What rubbish!
Just went there yesterday coming in from Changi airport after 13hrs on
the plane and they are still under renovations. Their website pictures
of the dorm and communal areas are fake and doctored. Fancy pictures
on their homepage are of the hotspots around singapore; none of which
are of their building.

Summer Tarven, thank you for wasting my time. Cool and trendy you are
not.

At least you have learned something: Never buy from spammers!

The REAL lesson here is never to trust these pesky Singaporians.......

Old March 15th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Jonno

Hi Ralph,

received your email; apology accepted. Leaving Singapore in the next
couple of hours, not sure when I'll be back in Singapore but will keep
your offer in mind.

BTW, "artists' impressions" of living quarters is not quite right; its
like morphing my face on brad pitt's body. Same goes for not
explaining on your website of your actual start date but I see that
you have updated your website with the start date.

Alot of backpackers like me do not always book before we get to a new
country because either we are too lazy to do our homework or we want
to see the hostel first before we commit.

Good luck with your hostel opening.
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:37 AM
emmasmith

Default pls ignore - Trendy hostel in Singapore

test only-please ignore

emma

Old March 18th, 2004, 02:41 AM
alyssa

So many new hostels opened these 2 years in Singapore. All of them
have colorful cutsey furniture, and all call themselves cool, hip and
trendy.

This is the hostel that started them all. It is run by a friendly
couple, and was featured in the local newspaper one day. They were
reportedly fully booked for one whole year, even in the midst of SARS.
http://www.the-inncrowd.com/

They then inspired all these new hostels to open within these 2 years.
http://www.chillinn.com/
http://www.atravellersreststop.com.sg/
http://www.hangout-hotels.com/
http://www.betelbox.com/
http://ubin.no-ip.com/

All of them will have to depend on the internet to attract customers.
But I doubt many of them will be able to survive for very long. At
S$18 a night they are too expensive for backpackers, who can find
cheaper beds in Malaysia and Thailand and will continue to avoid
Singapore.