Some advice req - New York and Florida

Old December 19th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Auntie Em

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:11:33 -0800, Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:54:52 -0600, Auntie Em
wrote:

Maybe not, but Coney Island has tradition, it has history, it has
ambience which, sadly not many theme parks in this country have.
You're not very old are you?

Most of Coney island's tradition was torn down by the 1950s.

I was there in 1974 and I thought it was exceedingly awesome.
Although the fun house did smell a little like pee. LOL. I didn't
ride any rides (not my thing, sorry), but I loved just walking around
and looking at the kitchy buildings and just enjoying the place. I
also loved it that you could actually buy a BEER there, which most
theme parks do not offer.

Em
-----
When in trouble or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout.
Old December 19th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Pan

"Auntie Em" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:11:33 -0800,

I was there in 1974 and I thought it was exceedingly awesome.
Although the fun house did smell a little like pee. LOL. I didn't
ride any rides (not my thing, sorry), but I loved just walking around
and looking at the kitchy buildings and just enjoying the place. I
also loved it that you could actually buy a BEER there, which most
theme parks do not offer.

I was just there again this summer after not having been there in over 20
years. Not much really has changed. But it's worth a day to visit it and
get out of Manhattan. Coney Island is the working man's day at the beach.
I went on a saturday and saw many families taking the kids and beach chairs,
coolers, etc. for a day at the beach. The amusement area was okay, the kids
enjoyed it and the prices for the rides and food were reasonable.

Pan

Old December 21st, 2004, 01:26 PM
Frank Merbitz

Florida? September? You love wind and rain?

Old December 21st, 2004, 07:20 PM

September in Florida is Hurricane season so probably not the best time
to visit....if that is your question.

C's Profile: http://www.bigtravelforum.com/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.bigtravelforum.com/showthread.php?t=490

Old December 22nd, 2004, 01:29 AM
Roger \(B\)

"C" wrote...
| September in Florida is Hurricane season so probably
| not the best time to visit....if that is your question.

This year was an aberration, and not likely to be repeated.
Most Septembers in recent years have not seen any hits.
Besides, there's ways to dodge 'em. [R]