Visiting Switzerland Best way to carry money

Old March 31st, 2007, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Visiting Switzerland Best way to carry money

Hi All,
This May I will traveling with my wife to Switzerland on a honeymoon.
I will be visiting the country first time. Currently I am in USA. If
you know what could be the best way of carrying money? what in your
opinion, would be easy and safe finance while traveling?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
Kishor

Old March 31st, 2007, 08:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,
This May I will traveling with my wife to Switzerland on a honeymoon.
I will be visiting the country first time. Currently I am in USA. If
you know what could be the best way of carrying money? what in your
opinion, would be easy and safe finance while traveling?

Use Credit Cards for purchases, including accommodation, and use Debit Cards
at ATMs to get cash for the expenses that are inappropriate for Credit
Cards. It is the same in most Countries.

JohnT

Old March 31st, 2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Living in Germany

ATM is it almost everywhere you go, travelers checks are dead; you use
to have to make your pin was 4 digits but most should be now. As a
backup you might want to make sure you have the pin for your credit
cards. Leave at home any credit card besides Visa, American Express
or Mastercard, unless you purchased the plane tickets with it, I have
been stopped at the counter and asked to verify with the credit card.

In Europe ATMs are everywhere so are not a major problem you might
want to get a few Swiss Francs from your home bank so you don't have
to run around the airport looking for a machine for bus, taxi
whatever.

As for physically carrying around I use a money belt or one of those
you hang around you neck under your clothes. There I have my
passport,tickets, extra large bills,etc and just transfer money I will
need for the day into my front pocket. I also have copies of my
passport, credit cards (front and back) and a few other documents
which I keep at the bottom of my toiletries.