Canadian Border. Need passport, birth certificate?

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:39 AM
David Gee

Default Canadian Border. Need passport, birth certificate?

And both problems may be due to his atrocious bad manners and fatal
attitude.

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:23:34 GMT, "David Gee"
wrote:

Canadian offivials, like those anywhere else, want to know, above all,

your
citizenship and place of residence.

Your identity is next, followed by destination, reason for travel,

planned
length of stay, financial resources, and proof of intention to depart
Canada.

American visitors to Canada don'r require either a passport r a visa. So
don't fuss about what papers you *don't* have, and concentrate on

assembling
the best package of whatever you *do* have!

The problem may not be entering Canada; it may be coming back.

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:41 AM
David Gee

It's just a continuation of our traditional role as huers of wood and
drawers of watercolours ....

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:18:08 -0800, "Peter L"
wrote:

Great attitude. I am sure you'll go far with your tattoo. You should be
welcome in Canada as the poster child of the ugly American.

Interesting, though, that it is the Canadians doing the
tattooing.

Old November 21st, 2003, 03:10 AM
Emma Chase VanCott

iWANTattoo wrote:

: i have a BIG problem! i'm only 16, and me and my friend want to go to
: canada over x-mas break (2003) to get tattoos, because in canada you
: only have to be 16 where in the us you have to be 18. i live really
: close to the border near detroit.

I believe the age here is 18 as well.
And they ID for alcohol AND cigarettes if people look "under 25".

Emma
Old November 21st, 2003, 09:22 AM
DiChiera

Emma Chase VanCott wrote in message ...
iWANTattoo wrote:

: i have a BIG problem! i'm only 16, and me and my friend want to go to
: canada over x-mas break (2003) to get tattoos, because in canada you
: only have to be 16 where in the us you have to be 18. i live really
: close to the border near detroit.

I believe the age here is 18 as well.
And they ID for alcohol AND cigarettes if people look "under 25".

Emma

You'd probably be better off waiting ... border patrols are
particularly vigilate when checking young adults paperwork, reasons
for crossing and what not. Besides why would you want to do
something as silly as that.
Old November 21st, 2003, 03:30 PM
Alan Pollock

Peter L wrote:
Great attitude. I am sure you'll go far with your tattoo. You should be
welcome in Canada as the poster child of the ugly American.

Beating-up on teens now Peter? Nex
Old November 23rd, 2003, 06:11 PM
iWANTattoo

Peter L. i hope you're only as ignorant as you act.

anyway, thanks everyone for all you're lovely, and then not so lovely
comments. but guess what?!

my plans to go to canada in the next month seemed pretty foiled, my
friends parents found out etc etc. i had given up... until!!!

i was casually talking with my mother about getting a tattoo and she
said i could, she doesnt even care, so forget canada... i'm going down
the street!

I guess you know everything peter L. "i think your mom is trying to keep
you from getting a tattoo" right.

GOODbye!

--
*a*s*h*L*e*y