Canadian Supreme Court upholds election "gag law"

Old May 29th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Ray Fischer

Default Canadian Supreme Court upholds election "gag law"

E. Barry Bruyea wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2004 17:03:46 GMT, Bradly Wiebe
wrote:

Ray Fischer wrote:

Bradly Wiebe wrote:
America the beautiful wrote:
Bradly Wiebe wrote:

As useless as trying to fight for our RIGHT to free speech in the Canadian Supreme Court.

Hmm, I wonder where some of that adscam money could have gone.

What a ****ing joke. Time to dump the liberals.

Imposing a limit on how money can be spent on campaigns is a good idea.
One time we had a billionaire run for president. If he emptied his bank
account he could have probably won. He wasn't the worse guy in the world
but he wasn't the best candidate.

But here we have liberal friendly national newspapers,

That's just right-wing propaganda. Newspapers are run by conservatives,
as a rule, and typically get their news from Republican sources such as
the White Hourse.

The two most powerful newspapers in the U.S., The New York Times & The
Washington Post have been mouthpieces for the democrats for decades.

More right-wing bull****. The NY Times just annouced that for the
past couple years they had been far too uncritical of White House
propaganda, publishing stories which turned out to be untrue.

--
Ray Fischer

Old May 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
America the beautiful

Bradly Wiebe wrote:

As useless as trying to fight for our RIGHT to free speech in the Canadian Supreme Court.

Hmm, I wonder where some of that adscam money could have gone.

What a ****ing joke. Time to dump the liberals.

Imposing a limit on how money can be spent on campaigns is a good idea.
One time we had a billionaire run for president. If he emptied his bank
account he could have probably won. He wasn't the worse guy in the world
but he wasn't the best candidate.

But here we have liberal friendly national newspapers, and a liberal friendly national
television broadcaster. The opposition gets little if any exposure in these mediums, and when
they do get exposure the time is used to belittle them.

It sounds like a good opportunity to start a politically center newspaper.

Also, the limits put in place are an
embarrassment. 150 thousand nationwide advertising limited to 3500 dollars per riding.
Nobody outside of those with official party status can effectively get any message out. Free
speech should not be limited to only those with official party status.

Can't these laws be changed?

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

Prime Minister Helen Clark fights for Maori rights.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/...sbug/maori.jpg

Pizza Express Man and his pizza eating cat Gayrab.
http://www.geocities.com/libassbug/expressman.jpg

http://****france.com/
http://www.fark.com/

Old May 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Bradly Wiebe

Bradly Wiebe wrote:

[...]

We are trying. A rights group took it to court and won all the way up to the supreme court, then
the liberal biased, liberal appointed supreme court found in favour of the Liberal party running the
liberal government that appointed them in the first place. Go figure. It won't change until we
have a responsible government, which just might happen this time around.