Portland weirdos?

Old April 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Portland weirdos?

On Apr 5, 9:56 am, wrote:
PeterL wrote:
Which Portland are you talking about? Or are you just talking to
yourself?

Sorry, I meant Portland, Oregon. What struck me as odd was the weird
people seemed out of place in the rather classy downtown.. I know
there are weird people in all cities, but they usually stick to
'weird' areas. Downtown Portland seemed quite diginified and nice
with good restaurants and shopping in abundance.

Portland is proud of their homeless. We have lawyers to protect their
rights. Every time a condo goes up, some units need to be built for
low income folks.

Old April 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Apr 5, 1:06 pm, Bert Hyman wrote:
() wrote groups.com:

Portland is proud of their homeless. We have lawyers to protect
their rights. Every time a condo goes up, some units need to be
built for low income folks.

Which likely doesn't do much for the hardcore homeless, who are
generally "no income" folks.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Sure it does. Most of those crazies get some kind if check from the
goberment.

Reminds me of when I was driving a cab. I picked this lady whos cab
fare was being paid for by some social service department of the
goberment. She told me how she had been in Porkland for just a few
weeks. She stayed in a homless shelter for a few days until a social
service put her up in a motel. It took a few weeks until they found
her an apartment. I carried some of her belongings up to her new
apartment for her.

Remember, I was working twelve hours a day, six days a week when I
saw her new digs. It was in a building from the turn of the century,
(1900's), that had been completly renovated. All the fixtures were
restored. The apartment wasn't big, but it clean, cute, was better
than I had.

Sometimes I get tired of pulling the wagon

Old April 10th, 2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Al Bundy

On Apr 4, 1:00 am, wrote:
Is it just me or does downtown portland have an unusually high
percentage of 'weird' people? Lots of poeple talking to themselves,
cursing, kicking random objects on the street, sleeping on the
street , etc.. What is it about portland that attracts such people?
The strange thing is downtown looked fairly nice and expensive so
these weird people seem out of place.

We had one on rec.running until she crashed and burned and went back
to eating cream pies on the couch.