Driving to Florida

Old April 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
rondempster

Default Driving to Florida

Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going through the
mountains? I just drove to Florida and would like to take my trailer the next
time but would like to find an alternate route. Thanks for any help

Old April 8th, 2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge1

Sure, don't tell us where you come from, it will be a big help !
Duh.

70688b138e28e@uwe...

Old April 8th, 2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

rondempster wrote:
Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going through the
mountains? I just drove to Florida and would like to take my trailer the next
time but would like to find an alternate route. Thanks for any help

If you're coming from Cuba you can row.

LOL!
It would be useful if you told us where you were coming from.
LOL!

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
Sawyer's Nicknames http://tinyurl.com/gowma
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
rondempster

DUH sorry I am coming from Toronto

Old April 8th, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Frank F. Matthews

rondempster wrote:

Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going through the
mountains? I just drove to Florida and would like to take my trailer the next
time but would like to find an alternate route. Thanks for any help

In that case it is easy. Around the lake to Detroit. West to Chicago
then down the river to New Orleans. East on I 10 to Florida with any
south diversion as needed.

Not direct but no mountains.

Old April 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-04-08 14:48:21 -0400, "rondempster" u33164@uwe said:

Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going through the
mountains? I just drove to Florida and would like to take my trailer the next
time but would like to find an alternate route. Thanks for any help

From anywhere in particular?

Old April 9th, 2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

rondempster wrote:
Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going through the
mountains? I just drove to Florida and would like to take my trailer the next
time but would like to find an alternate route. Thanks for any help

How did you go before?

It's been a few years but I don't remember a lot of mountains by going
through Corning, NY and Harrisburg to Baltimore. A lot of traffic on
non-limited access highways though. Might have forgotten some.
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
d.g.s.

On 4/8/2007 11:48 AM rondempster jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going through the
mountains? I just drove to Florida and would like to take my trailer the next
time but would like to find an alternate route. Thanks for any help

Yes. Load trailer on freighter in Los Angeles or Oakland. Ship it
through the Panama Canal to Florida. You can fly to Florida or drive
via I-10 and pick it up there.

It's just magical how I guessed where you were starting your route,
isn't it? Did I get it right?
--
dgs
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

rondempster wrote:
DUH sorry I am coming from Toronto
Is there an alternative route to Florida other than going
through the mountains? I just drove to Florida and would
like to take my trailer the next time but would like to find
an alternate route. Thanks for any help.

(A) The QEW to Buffalo, cross at the Peace Bridge, I-190 to
I-90, I-90 South to Cleveland, I-71 from Cleveland to South
of Cincinnati where I-75 splits off, thence South on I-75 thru
Nashville, Atlanta, and on into Florida. Or more simply...
(2) The 401 and SR 3 to Detroit, thence South on I-75 all the
way to Florida. Some hills, no mountains. Howzabout that?

Old April 9th, 2007, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_]

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:43:07 -0400, Rog' wrote:
(A) The QEW to Buffalo, cross at the Peace Bridge, I-190 to
I-90, I-90 South to Cleveland, I-71 from Cleveland to South
of Cincinnati where I-75 splits off, thence South on I-75 thru
Nashville, Atlanta, and on into Florida. Or more simply...

I-75 doesn't go through Nashville, I presume you mean Knoxville..

It does get pretty hilly around there.

What about east to Albany, then south to NYC and I-95 to Florida like
everyone else? Lots of traffic but relatively flat...