Do you think I can make this flight?

Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:55 AM
VC

Default Do you think I can make this flight?

Hi,

Looking for advice...

Here is my situation -

On 16 Sep, I will be traveling as follows:

A) CPT to JNB (early morning - do not have flight yet)
B) JNB to Mauritius - leaving at 9:35am on South African Air

I need to choose a flight for (A) above that gets me to JNB in time
for my next flight at 9:35am.

Here are the earliest options I've found that day:
Kulula 6:30 - 8:30am
South African Air 6:00 - 8:00am

The Kulula flight is SUBSTANTIALLY less expensive than the SAA flight,
so I would prefer that. But do you think arriving at 8:30am is too
close to my 9:35am departure?

Given that the flight to Mauritius is an international flight, do I
need to allow more time?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Victoria
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:02 AM
richard b

"VC" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Why did you not book the flights with one carrier, are you flying
Air Mauritius or SAA. I don't know if you have been to the domestic
section at Jan Smuts since the renovations about a year ago, but it's a
long walk from there to the international section. Most carriers for
international flights want you to book in +/- 2 hours before flight
departure. If your domestic flight is delayed you probably won't
make the international flight, what with luggage retrieval, and the
long walk even if the flight is on time you probably won't get
to International departures before 9 o'clock. It's just to close to
risk IMHO.
Enjoy Mauritius a lovely place with friendly people.
Richard

Old March 24th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Clive Reid

Hi Victoria,

I suggest using the SAA option because you can book through your luggage
from Cape Town all the way to Maritius. (When booking in ensure that this
happens). Then you don't have to wait to collect at JHB and don't have the
hassel of carting it to the International departures hall, and having to
book it in again. Also SAA will issue both boarding passes at Cape Town, so
you can go straight through security and emmigration once in JHB, missing
the queues there!

If the SAA arrives +- 08h00 you will be fine for the Mauritius flight.

Enjoy your trip to Mauritius.

Clive Reid

. com...