Back from Miracle

Old March 16th, 2006, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Back from Miracle

We only sailed carnival 2 times out of 40 cruises,we only took the
liberty because it was a great deal,and we can always find a way to
enjoy a cruise no matter how much we do not like the ship,but doubt very
much if we will ever book another carnival cruise

(.a cruise lover.)

Old March 16th, 2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Surfer E2468 wrote:
We only sailed carnival 2 times out of 40 cruises,we only took the
liberty because it was a great deal,and we can always find a way to
enjoy a cruise no matter how much we do not like the ship,but doubt very
much if we will ever book another carnival cruise

(.a cruise lover.)

I'll never say never, but I kinda feel the same way about Carnival.
And, I didn't even get that good a deal (I paid through the nose on
this one, for a balcony cabin all to myself). As you said, there are
always ways to enjoy a cruise, regardless of whether you like the ship
or not. I don't know if you read my review, but I tried to be fair.
There were things I liked very much about the ship, and some things I
didn't like that are more Carnival gripes than specifically Miracle
gripes.

One thing I really liked, which I forgot to include in my review, were
the chaises on deck. Far superior to those on the HAL Vista class
ships. These had aluminum frames and solid mesh seating a back panels.
Very easily adjustable and laid flat. On the Zuidy, they had low
quality resin chaises, most of which were broken, didn't lay flat, and
were difficult to adjust (or I should say, keep adjusted, as the thing
kept popping out).

I had read so many good things about the "new" Carnival and
specifically about the Miracle, that I thought it would be worth the
gamble. While the product is improved, in some ways, over my one
previous Carnival cruise on Paradise, there are certain trademark
Carnival features (policies) that turn me off to the line. Not vacation
ruiners by any stretch - just things that make me grateful that there
are other cruiselines out there for me to choose from.

Lee

Old March 18th, 2006, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

LeeNY wrote:

[...]

Lee, I enjoyed reading your cruise review of the Miracle and it sounded
fair. You noticed the good and the bad. As far as the "colors" game
that was played in the dining room, the only Carnival ship I have seen
that on, in 13 Carnival cruises, was on the Miracle. Maybe they were
trying to keep us from noticing the awful decor in the dining room. The
announcements about the "colors" game that he kept making, while we were
eating dinner, were annoying, IMO. We were trying to have a dinner
conversation, then he kept interrupting us with his game. The nightly
singing and dancing in the dining room, was also too much. I do not
mind them doing this once or twice, but not every night.

Becca
Old March 18th, 2006, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:37:54 -0600, Becca wrote:

LeeNY wrote:

[...]

I was on Legend in January 2005, and it was exactly the same as
reported for Miracle - the color wars, the dining room dances,
everything. Maybe it is unique to Spirit class ships, I don't know.
They are trying to be entertaining, and many are entertained by it
all. If you are looking for a 1st class dining 'experience' where you
are treated like a rajah, try the 'supper club' on this class of ship.
The wait staff there will treat you like royalty, the food quality and
preparation is second to none, and you won't be annoyed with singing &
dancing during your conversation. I enjoyed one of the best dining
experiences of my life there one night. I also thoroughly enjoyed my
dinners with the common man in the main dining area. The only
difference for us was that the color wars announcements were all made
at the beginning of the meal during the main announcements, not at
various times during the meal.

Looking forward to our Miracle cruise on June 11th, where the
stretched soda bottle lights in the dining room are replaced with
cheap bathroom globes painted red!!

Reclining Buddha

The Original Couch Potato!
Old March 18th, 2006, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Reclining Buddha wrote:
If you are looking for a 1st class dining 'experience' where you
are treated like a rajah, try the 'supper club' on this class of ship.

I did. Read my review. While certainly not one of the best dining
experiences in my life, as it was for you, it was significantly better
than the "common man" dining room.

Looking forward to our Miracle cruise on June 11th, where the
stretched soda bottle lights in the dining room are replaced with
cheap bathroom globes painted red!!

The "grapes" are Pepto pink...not red. Red might be an improvement.

Lee

Reclining Buddha

The Original Couch Potato!