Why do American conservatives spam usenet?

Old April 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Why do American conservatives spam usenet?

All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?
--

Alfred Molon
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Alfred Molon wrote:
All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?

Probably! (Especially the moron who has converted his name into Russian
or Greek? so no one with a computer that uses only a Western alphabet
cannot simply kill-file all posts from that source.)
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:53:47 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote:
All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?

Probably! (Especially the moron who has converted his name into Russian
or Greek? so no one with a computer that uses only a Western alphabet
cannot simply kill-file all posts from that source.)

I think most computer Operating Systems will allow you to convert your
alphabet from English to another language , or script, as needed.
Old April 14th, 2013, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Alfred Molon wrote;

All these nonsense posts from American
republicans. Are they so desperate?

Well it's not crossposted so I assume you mean just here vs Usenet as a
whole?

And I assume you mean just 1 person posting these and perhaps a few
(like myself) responding to someone else's post who is definitely not a
American Republican:-).

Bu what difference does it make now?

Usenet is on life support and this group has already been given its
'Last Rites'.

What was once a good group but not the best (Fodors, Tripadvisor, etc)
for *travel advise* has gone from a huge diverse group of people to now,
where the regulars could all fit into a tourbus.

And when a on-topic post does appear, it's by a regular and answered by
all the same regulars.

I said this before over the years and always got pooh-pooh for it but
this group started to go off the tracks in the 2000 US election, Bush,
9/11, Bush, Wars, Bush.

Those off-topic posts and responses weren't from American Republicans,
posters like GoFig were in a very small minority.

Quite a few regulars left, I know of 3 excellent posters that went to
places like Fodors because of the bull**** here.

And then many 1st posters didn't get very many informative responses and
more times that not got insulted esp if they were Americans and said
something naive.
Sjord and Miquel were great for doing this and then others would jump
in.

As a result no 'new blood' in the group because it's not like on their
return they are going to come back here with new info on things like the
sites, museums, restaurants, experiences, etc to add to the group and to
other future posters.

In ~2006± when a poster would come here and ask for 2-4* hotel in Rome
they would get the same responses from Me, Barbara Vaughn and Ken Blake.
Maybe 1 other person sometimes but 3 people only for ROME! No 'new
blood'!

As far as the group being dead, here's a thread from last January.

Regards, Walter

Poetic Justice *
Jan 5, 11:45*pm
Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe

Stephen*Ellenson wrote;

....... does anyone actually discuss travel in this newsgroup

anymore?????

No, sadly the group is dead and Usenet is on life support.

Example; Look at the 'Big 3' cities for European travel Rome, Paris, and
London.

How many times in 2012 has a newbie or a regular posted here looking for
info on those cities?

I am very knowledgeable about Rome and have checked this site daily
since '97.

In 2012 I made 7 posts, 4 off-topic, 2 semi on-topic (1 about another
European travel messageboard and 1 about a spammer for Italy travel) and
2 on-topic posts about Rome.

A few (sincere and good hearted) regulars for years always go on a short
posting frenzy whenever this subject is raised.

But R.T.E has hit the iceberg and like most other Usenet Groups it will
finally sadly sink.

And then it will only be Runge and the spammers left and he will be our
legacy:-(. Regards, Walter

Old April 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote:
All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?

Probably! (Especially the moron who has converted his name into Russian
or Greek? so no one with a computer that uses only a Western alphabet
cannot simply kill-file all posts from that source.)

Despite which I have never seen the moron's messages.

Lucky you! (He/she/it cross-posts to every news group he encounters -
I've not yet figured out how to kill-file them, so must simply "mark
post read" and skip over them.)
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Alfred Molon wrote:
All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?

Probably! (Especially the moron who has converted his name into Russian
or Greek? so no one with a computer that uses only a Western alphabet
cannot simply kill-file all posts from that source.)

I think most computer Operating Systems will allow you to convert your
alphabet from English to another language , or script, as needed.

Probably, but I'm not terribly computer literate. (The Internet didn't
exist during most of my lifetime.)
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Poetic Justice wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote;

All these nonsense posts from American
republicans. Are they so desperate?

Well it's not crossposted so I assume you mean just here vs Usenet as a
whole?

And I assume you mean just 1 person posting these and perhaps a few
(like myself) responding to someone else's post who is definitely not a
American Republican:-).

Bu what difference does it make now?

Usenet is on life support and this group has already been given its
'Last Rites'.

What was once a good group but not the best (Fodors, Tripadvisor, etc)
for *travel advise* has gone from a huge diverse group of people to now,
where the regulars could all fit into a tourbus.

Hey, THAT'S an idea! Might be fun to meet the folks to whom we've been
responding all these years! (Unfortunately, my travel days are over,
due to age and mobility problems.)

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bert[_2_]

In
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

I've not yet figured out how to kill-file them, so must simply "mark
post read" and skip over them.)

The choice of a news client is a very personal thing, but maybe you just
need a new one.

I see that you're using Thunderbird 2.something. Thunderbird's a good
email client, but not particularly nice for news, but they're up to
version 17.something now; maybe the current version has better
filtering.

--
St. Paul, MN
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_8_]

m...

Poetic Justice wrote:
What was once a good group but not the best (Fodors, Tripadvisor, etc)
for *travel advise* has gone from a huge diverse group of people to now,
where the regulars could all fit into a tourbus.

Hey, THAT'S an idea! Might be fun to meet the folks to whom we've been
responding all these years! (Unfortunately, my travel days are over, due
to age and mobility problems.)

Evelyn: No problem. We will come to you. All you need do is pay our
airfares and fund accommodation at a modest lodging in your area. Perhaps
the Sonoran Spendor? And could you also organise a few side trips for us to
Sedona, Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon and Rainbow Arch at Lake Powell?

--
JohnT

Old April 14th, 2013, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?
Probably! (Especially the moron who has converted his name into
Russian or Greek? so no one with a computer that uses only a
Western alphabet cannot simply kill-file all posts from that source.)

I think most computer Operating Systems will allow you to convert your
alphabet from English to another language , or script, as needed.

Probably, but I'm not terribly computer literate. (The Internet didn't
exist during most of my lifetime.)

If you use the filter on newsgroup names, as Martin and I suggested, the
non-standard encodings in the sender's name are not a problem, as
newsgroup names are always in standard ASCII.