Carnival and Cozumel

Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Carnival and Cozumel

A friend of mine is sailing on the Carnival Glory at the end of the month.
Originally she was told she would not go to Cozumel. Now she was given an
upgraded itinerary and they are going to Nassau instead of Key West and they
are now going to Cozumel. It is my understanding Cozumel is still tendering
ships. How are they going to have the same number of ships as prior to the
hurricane? Has anyone been to Cozumel recently? How is it now? Has anyone
gone to Mr. Sanchos or is it still closed?
Thanks
Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom wrote:

It is my understanding Cozumel is still tendering
ships. How are they going to have the same number of ships as prior to the
hurricane?

Some ships are docking in Cozumel, but I believe it is on a rotating
basis.

sue
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 22:50:32 -0400, "Tom" ,
expounded:

A friend of mine is sailing on the Carnival Glory at the end of the month.
Originally she was told she would not go to Cozumel. Now she was given an
upgraded itinerary and they are going to Nassau instead of Key West and they
are now going to Cozumel. It is my understanding Cozumel is still tendering
ships. How are they going to have the same number of ships as prior to the
hurricane? Has anyone been to Cozumel recently? How is it now? Has anyone
gone to Mr. Sanchos or is it still closed?
Thanks
Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

We were on the Glory the first week in June and had a similar
itinerary change. The ship used the pier at Cozumel the day we were
there. It is my understanding there is only the one pier in use and
it simply defends on how many ships are in port (and who) on a
particular day.

Didn't go to Mr. Sanchos
Prairie Progressive
http://prairieprogressive.blogspot.com
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi, Tom,

We were in Cozumel last Friday, June 30. There were two ships in
port--neither one of them was allowed to dock, although I have heard that
some limited docking has occurred as re-building of the piers progresses.
Our ship (Carnival Conquest) anchored off of and tendered to the downtown
pier. The other (RCI Rhapsody) was out by the International or Langosta
pier. The tendering process took quite a while, and Carnival strictly
followed the "if you're on a cruise ship excursion, you go first" rule. I
believe non-excursion pax were first able to board tenders around 10 a.m.
after a long process of picking up numbered tender tickets and waiting in a
lounge, and they fully cleared the ship of all pax waiting for tenders by
10:30-45 a.m. Here's a link to the Cozumel cruise ship schedule -- just
remind your friends that the fact that a pier is named doesn't necessarily
mean you will be docked at the pier:
http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CruiseShips

We went to Paradise Beach, which is just past Mr. Sancho's. I know Mr.
Sancho's got hit pretty hard, but the signs out on the highway looked fresh
as we passed by, so maybe they're back in business? Your friends could check
their website & email them if they have questions. They can also get
up-to-date scoop at the Cozumel board at http://www.cruisecritic.com

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX