Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out ofHonolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise outof Honolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

On 6/2/2011 1:34 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 11:42:48 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

On 6/2/2011 9:02 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:16:47 -0700 (PDT), "PJ O'Donovan HimSelf"
wrote:

Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out of
Honolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

I did that cruise in 2010 because I had to go during school vacation
and there were no other cruises to Hawaii at that time.

I was pleasantly surprised. The housekeeping department was
under-staffed and we couldn't get into our room until very late on
embarkation day. He also didn't get to us until late every day.

But I was expecting surly uncooperative service, and that wasn't the
case. The food was OK, the itinerary was what I wanted, and I liked
the excursions.

I have two friends that did that cruise on two different occasions.

One friend, who only cruises Carnival, found it to be the worst cruise
she ever sailed on. She reported that the housekeeping was horrible and
that her cabin was filled with not only their own dirty linens but those
from other cabins. She said the food was terrible and the crew poorly
trained and surly. She vowed never to take another NCL cruise.

I have not cruised on Carnival yet but we are going on one in November

We have not either. We have had so much bad feedback from friends who
have been unhappy with them that we won't.

The other friend, who has cruised Carnival, Princess, HAL and Royal
Caribbean, didn't think the cruise was all that bad. She did remark that
the housekeeping was somewhat sub-standard, but she enjoyed the food and
the entertainment.

I forgot to say that my grandson loved the shows (I've stopped going
to shows because I'm editing photos, but in this case he came back and
told me every joke that the comedians told and so I didn't need to go
myself)

When asked if she'd take another NCL cruise, she said
she preferred Princess and Royal so she probably wouldn't unless the
itinerary and price were extraordinary.

I do not like RCI - I've been on two of their ships and didn't like
either one. The food is OK although I really dislike having to do a
buffet in the main dining room at breakfast and lunch, but I don't
like the rooms. Have not done Princess yet.

I've sailed on 4 different RCI ships all were from Voyager class down in
size and I never had a problem with any of the cabins. I liked Rhapsody
because the cabin was a little larger the average balcony cabin and had
great storage with cubbies in the wall beside the closet and drawers.

Brilliance of the Seas is just gorgeous. We had an outside cabin and I
liked the fact that it was not on a lower deck like they are on Voyager
class and larger ships. The other were Voyager class, Voyager of the
Seas (5) cruises and Ecxplorer (1). I never had a single problem with
any stateroom.

I looked at one Princess cruise, I believe on Grand Princess. We were
looking for an ocean view and there were only a handful and in weird
locations. We decided not to go.

I'm going to Hawaii in April, 2012 on Celebrity. It's a 15 day cruise
from San Diego to San Diego. I would much rather relax on sea days than
sit on a plane for 6 hours each way, but I have the time and the means
to do that.

I would prefer to do it that way too, but it wasn't available in June,
and I didn't want that many sea days with a grandchild.

I think a grandchild would be very bored with so many sea days.
Celebrity's demographic is not exactly for kids, though I have heard
they have a nice program.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old June 5th, 2011, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Type your message here.

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default Pride of America

Pride of America is the name, and there is little pride in any American
doing housekeeping, cooking, and other service chores.

NCL in Hawaii is different from cruises with international staff.

I loved my NCL cruise in Hawaii along with the 100+ cruises on NCL over
the past.

Enjoy cruising, it costs no more to concentrate on the positive and have
a good time.
I got back yesterday from the Oasis and everything was not perfect, but
I'm not going to waste my time and money complaining, when it's just a
easy to remember those good times and celibrate life!

Inspector Gadget

'