How much time between disembarking and flying home.

Old February 7th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Michael Graham

Default How much time between disembarking and flying home.

Hi all

How much time should I allow between the time I disembark and the time I fly home?

Thanks
M. Graham
Old February 7th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Mike Cordelli

What cruise ship, port, airport, airline, and your citizenship. Any status
with the airline to get you through quicker?

m...

Old February 7th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Gordon

"Michael Graham" wrote in message
m...
Hi all

How much time should I allow between the time I disembark and the time I

fly home?

Thanks
M. Graham

Most cruise lines will tell you not to book a flight before noon. I never
book one before 1:00. With today's new security measures, it can take a
while sometimes to get cleared. Also if there are a lot of ships in port
this can make things even worse with all of those passengers arriving almost
at the same time.

Gordon

Old February 7th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Pete

Alot depends on where you are in port in relationship to the airport. We
have always got on an 11 1130 flight back to boston and in every case we
have made it on time. For example this past sunday 2/1, we cleared the ship
at 0845, Oossterdam and were sitting at gate F8 for our flight home by 0915.
We also never use the ships buses, cabs are much faster.

One other food for thought, most of the lines offer early boarding. Well
early boarding starts in most cases at 11 (paperwork) but you wont get on
the ship until 1130, the off going folks have to be cleared out. Holland in
one of their terminals 26 for the Z and O, of course use that for both
incoming and outgoing, there cant be any mixing. So even with that, all
things have to be cleared out.

So in my humble opinion, and this is what we have done, anything after 1030
from Fort Lauderdale works out great, Miami prolly 1130 12.

Regards

Pete

Old February 7th, 2004, 01:55 PM
FNB218

As Dirty Harry once said "Do you feel lucky". Pete may have not had any
problems yet with his earlier flights but I have been on cruises where
disembarkation did not begin until 10:30 for various reasons. Most lines
suggest booking a flight after 1PM, granted this will usually result in sitting
at the airport for an extra hour or two in most instances but avoiding the one
time you missed your early flight may be worth the peace of mind.

Frank
Old February 7th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Pete

Well 11 trips thus far, and the 1030 disembarkation, is the exception to the
rule. The amount of folks on all cruise lines leaving on the early flights
is huge, last sunday, the flights at 955 to philly was packed with cruisers
as well as various other lines.

If you book through the cruise line, it becomes a moot point as they will
get you outta there later. If you book on your own it is up to you, me I
recommend going early.

Our flight to boston was full with cruisers from carnival,costa, holland,
princess and celebrity.

Pete

Old February 7th, 2004, 07:00 PM
FNB218

Pete,
Glad to see you acknowledge that the 10:30 disembarkation does happen, I just
wanted to alert the poster to the possibility.

Frank
Old February 7th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Zegarskis

Wow!!

Eight replies to a posting and not a flame to be seen. Can this be a kinder,
gentler RTC?

It was a pleasure going through this thread. Don't recall seeing something
like this happen for some years now.

Ray

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all