Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 1st, 2004, 04:41 PM
Peter L

Default Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

"MC" wrote in message
Firstly, thanks to those who answered my previous post, re. Finding a

hotel
in Houston. I went on priceline.com and got 7 nights at the 4* Inn at the
Ballpark for $60 pn.

Anyway a couple of quick questions.

1. Is it easy to get to NASA via public transport. If we were to get a

taxi
rather than a bus (or whatever) what would the fare be, approximately.

Don't know. Texas is the land of cheap gasoline/petrol (slightly more
expensive than Iraq), so everyone drives.

2. We are thinking about going to see the Astros at the Minute Maid (when

in
Rome...). Now we have never seen a baseball game and had no idea of the
rules (sorry, but I am British ) until I read a brief rundown of the

rules
this evening.
My question is this:
Approximately, how long does a game last and will it be easy to pick up
what's going on?

The game can be mind numbingly long, or mercifully short. I would say count
on 3 hours. But it's ok to walk out early. Think of it as criket where the
players are allowed to spit.

Thanks in advance for any feedback to my questions.

MC