hostals

Old March 21st, 2006, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Default hostals

I have never been backpacking before and am nervous about staying in
hostals. Does anyone have any advice.

Old March 21st, 2006, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

On 21 Mar 2006 09:37:19 -0800, "
wrote:

I have never been backpacking before and am nervous about staying in
hostals. Does anyone have any advice.

What are you nervous about?

personal safety?
safety of stuff?
having to talk to people?
having to live in close proximity to people?

It's difficult to allay or advise how to cope with fears if we don't
know what you're afraid of.

Where are you visiting?

Jim.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 05:43 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have never been backpacking before and am nervous about staying in
hostals. Does anyone have any advice.

Hey

Hostels r way much more fun then staying in a hotel. Where abouts you going?

--

www.experimentalist.co.uk/shop/index.php
Australian, New Zealand, USA, UK, South African, Thailand Sim Cards.

Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Thank you for respondng. I was possibly thinking about doing a tour of
several different countries. I wasn't worried at all, but as petty as
it sounds I saw that movie, Hostal and am now scared to stay in one.

Old March 23rd, 2006, 02:01 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

wrote in message
Thank you for respondng. I was possibly thinking about doing a tour of
several different countries. I wasn't worried at all, but as petty as
it sounds I saw that movie, Hostal and am now scared to stay in one.

It isn't "petty", it's irrational. Separate fiction from reality. We have a
lot of chainsaws in Texas, but you don't hear of most of the population
dying off from chainsaw massacres, now, do you?

Pat in TX

Old March 23rd, 2006, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

On 23 Mar 2006 05:10:55 -0800, "
wrote:

Thank you for respondng. I was possibly thinking about doing a tour of
several different countries. I wasn't worried at all, but as petty as
it sounds I saw that movie, Hostal and am now scared to stay in one.

but scared of what exactly? Hostels are very safe, I've stayed
hundreds of nights in them and never had, or heard of a problem, I'm
sure there are occasional problems but when there are lots of
different folk who don't know each other together, it's very hard for
someone to try anything, as there's lots of people there looking out
for each other.

I've never heard of the film, but reading wikipedia now, it's hardly a
realistic portrayal of hostel life - neither have I ever met more than
a couple of backpackers with any interest in spending their whole time
with prostitutes...

I see it's a low budget movie, are you a promoter?

Cheers,

Jim.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:01:33 -0600, "Pat in TX"
wrote:

wrote in message
Thank you for respondng. I was possibly thinking about doing a tour of
several different countries. I wasn't worried at all, but as petty as
it sounds I saw that movie, Hostal and am now scared to stay in one.

It isn't "petty", it's irrational. Separate fiction from reality. We have a
lot of chainsaws in Texas, but you don't hear of most of the population
dying off from chainsaw massacres, now, do you?

what? you mean I've been avoiding texas for nothing

Jim.
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

wrote in message
Thank you for respondng. I was possibly thinking about doing a tour of
several different countries. I wasn't worried at all, but as petty as
it sounds I saw that movie, Hostal and am now scared to stay in one.

It isn't "petty", it's irrational. Separate fiction from reality. We have
lot of chainsaws in Texas, but you don't hear of most of the population
dying off from chainsaw massacres, now, do you?

what? you mean I've been avoiding texas for nothing

Jim.

I'm revving up my Stihl as I type....