Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

Old July 13th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Gregory Morrow

Default Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

jjp wrote:

Uh, Esquire magazine and The Wine Spectator have more than once named
Houston as the fourth best restaurant city in the nation, just behind
New York, San Francisco and Chicago.

No one in NYC, SF, or Chicago (or many other large places) is going to
Houston for it's dining. But many travel to NYC, SF, and Chicago
*specifically* to partake of the dining possibilites that these cities
possess....

It also has excellent museums (and ranks third in amount of fine arts
museum space in the country) and top-notch arts (theater district is
second in size only to New York's Broadway).

Which is like saying "Asheville has more azaleas than Buffalo..."

--
Best
Greg

Old July 13th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Gregory Morrow

jjp wrote:

Both of you are clueless. Houston consistently ranks well on many
"best places to live" lists.

Name some and include URL's.

--
Best
Greg

..

Old July 13th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Paul E. Lehmann

jjp wrote:

I wouldn't consider numerous bayous and lots of trees as
"featureless."

Tell us more about Houston's CONCRETE lined Bayous.
Tell us about Hershey Park, for example, with a walking / biking trail along
Buffalo Bayou AND the STENCH from the sewar treatment plants to wake you up
on your morning walk.

Tells us about the CONCRETED Braes Bayou and the walking / biking trail
there. Tell us about the number of people who have their cars broken into
while they are out for their walk or bike.

Trees??? I hardly call what Houston has as real trees. You should get
around the US more to see what REAL trees look like.

Old July 14th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Paul E. Lehmann

jjp wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
jjp wrote:

I wouldn't consider numerous bayous and lots of trees as
"featureless."

Tell us more about Houston's CONCRETE lined Bayous.

I've lived near two of them, and neither are concrete lined.

You said you are NOT a Houston(ian) or even a Texas and yet you have lived
near two to them - mind telling us where you lived.

Tell us about Hershey Park, for example, with a walking / biking trail
along Buffalo Bayou AND the STENCH from the sewar treatment plants to
wake you up on your morning walk.

I don't know about that park, there are plenty of others I go to that
are very nice.

It is one of THE longest hiking / biking trails in Houston and you don't
know about it and YET you are telling ME all about Houston. Dah - I think
your credibility is slipping.

BTW - Go to Memorial near Eldridge - it is in that neighborhood.

Tells us about the CONCRETED Braes Bayou and the walking / biking trail
there. Tell us about the number of people who have their cars broken
into while they are out for their walk or bike.

Trees??? I hardly call what Houston has as real trees. You should get
around the US more to see what REAL trees look like.

So the massive oaks around Rice and West U are not real trees? The
tall pines in Memorial Park are not real trees? What a load of crap.

Yep, Houston and the country side around Houston has PINES and LOTS and LOTS
of pines - They are the tree of preference for "Tree Farmers" who have cut
down the native forest and replanted the forest in tree farms.

Yep, the oaks around Rice and West U are nice - For Houston - but do not
compare to areas that have real trees everywhere. Amazing what the "Money
People" in the Rice and West U can buy. What about the poor slobs in the
majority of Houston neighborhoods who have "Arizona Ash" and call them
trees.

I've been around the US and the world.

So have I.

I'm not a Houston or even a
Texas native.

I LIVED in Houston for 17 years.

It is obvious you have some weird vendetta against
Houston -- that's not my problem, that's yours.

Not my problem - I don't live there anymore. - Nor do you - nor did you by
your own admission.

Old July 14th, 2004, 04:34 AM

Paul, are you one of those tight pants Jew faggots, that like to show your ass
on your bicycle.

Them you need to stay in faggotland !

Old July 14th, 2004, 03:26 PM
d b

Don't know where you are from asshole but you obviously do not know a thing
about the city of Houston.

djb

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

wrote:

Paul, are you one of those tight pants Jew faggots, that like to show
your ass on your bicycle.

Them you need to stay in faggotland !

Nope, quite happy as a heterosexual and btw, I am not a jew.

Now, about your comments:
Typical of the Bubba, Redneck, mindset found in Houston