Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

Old July 14th, 2004, 05:53 PM
d b

Default Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

Born there. Grew up there. Spent the first 30+ years of my life
there-----not that I feel I have to justify facts to you.

djb

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

d b wrote:

Don't know where you are from asshole but you obviously do not know a
thing about the city of Houston.

Originally from Pontiac, Illinois.
Lived in Houston for 17 years.
Now live in Maryland

And now where do YOU live to make you an expert on Houston?

Old July 15th, 2004, 12:57 PM
d b

Isn't THAT the truth!

djb

jjp wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message ...
jjp wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
jjp wrote:

I wouldn't consider numerous bayous and lots of trees as
"featureless."

Tell us more about Houston's CONCRETE lined Bayous.

I've lived near two of them, and neither are concrete lined.

You said you are NOT a Houston(ian) or even a Texas and yet you have lived
near two to them - mind telling us where you lived.

I said I was not a NATIVE -- meaning I've lived other places first.

Tell us about Hershey Park, for example, with a walking / biking trail
along Buffalo Bayou AND the STENCH from the sewar treatment plants to
wake you up on your morning walk.

I don't know about that park, there are plenty of others I go to that
are very nice.

It is one of THE longest hiking / biking trails in Houston and you don't
know about it and YET you are telling ME all about Houston. Dah - I think
your credibility is slipping.

BTW - Go to Memorial near Eldridge - it is in that neighborhood.

I'm not talking about out in the 'burbs. There are plenty of other
parks that are closer in.

Tells us about the CONCRETED Braes Bayou and the walking / biking trail
there. Tell us about the number of people who have their cars broken
into while they are out for their walk or bike.

Trees??? I hardly call what Houston has as real trees. You should get
around the US more to see what REAL trees look like.

So the massive oaks around Rice and West U are not real trees? The
tall pines in Memorial Park are not real trees? What a load of crap.

Yep, Houston and the country side around Houston has PINES and LOTS and LOTS
of pines - They are the tree of preference for "Tree Farmers" who have cut
down the native forest and replanted the forest in tree farms.

Houston is on the outer edge of a large pine forest, idiot. East
Texas? Piney Woods? Not all of those pines were planted.

Yep, the oaks around Rice and West U are nice - For Houston - but do not

No, they're nice for anywhere -- you just can't admit that.
I've also lived in New Orleans, which has plenty of "real" oaks in the
area.

compare to areas that have real trees everywhere. Amazing what the "Money
People" in the Rice and West U can buy. What about the poor slobs in the
majority of Houston neighborhoods who have "Arizona Ash" and call them
trees.

I've been around the US and the world.

So have I.

I'm not a Houston or even a
Texas native.

I LIVED in Houston for 17 years.

Yeah, and Houston is a little different than it was a decade or two
ago.

And it is obvious you have a bizarre hatred for it... and have issues
of your own.

Old July 15th, 2004, 12:59 PM
d b

You addressed his complaints and falsehoods nicely and he does not evidently have the imagination
to come up with more.

Way to go.

djb

Lou Minatti wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message ...

Paul, why did you run away from our little discussion last week? You
remember: You posted a whole bunch of nasty falsehoods about Houston. I
debunked each and every one of your claims. Why did you slink away from my
rebuttal, only to return with more falsehoods?

jjp wrote:

I wouldn't consider numerous bayous and lots of trees as
"featureless."

Tell us more about Houston's CONCRETE lined Bayous.

Some bayous were lined during flood control projects, most are not.
Concrete lining was done on some bayous in the 40s and 50s, when government
engineers liked big concrete projects. But as I mentioned, most Houston
bayous aren't lined. Those that are lined are certainly more attractive
than LA's concrete ditches.

Tell us about Hershey Park, for example, with a walking / biking trail along
Buffalo Bayou AND the STENCH from the sewar (sic) treatment plants to wake you up
on your morning walk.

Well, considering what they contain I would imagine that just about all
sewage plants are stinky, even the ones in DC. Believe it or not, even your
sh** stinks, Paul. However, I go to Hershey Park all the time and I've
never detected a problem.

Tells us about the CONCRETED Braes Bayou and the walking / biking trail
there.

It's a great place to walk, jog or ride a bike, as thousands do every day.
Why do you ask?

Tell us about the number of people who have their cars broken into
while they are out for their walk or bike.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/ins...ft-cities1.asp
The 10 worst auto theft capitals of America:

1. Phoenix, Ariz.
2. Fresno, Calif.
3. Modesto, Calif.
4. Stockton-Lodi, Calif.
5. Las Vegas, Nev.
6. Miami, Fla.
7. Sacramento, Calif.
8. Oakland, Calif.
9. Seattle, Wash.
10. Tacoma, Wash.

Why do you continue to make claims that are so easy to debunk, Paul?

Trees??? I hardly call what Houston has as real trees.

How very odd. I've been living here all this time and I thought these
massive live oaks and magnolias are real. Now you say they are FAKE TREES!
Here are some of the many fake trees around Houston:

http://www.stockyard.com/gallery/Flora/1132_G
http://www.acclaimimages.com/_galler...2106-5542.html
http://www.stockyard.com/gallery/Flora/3185_G
http://www.stockyard.com/gallery/Parks-Fountains

Paul, much of Houston, including the entire west side, was nothing but open
prairie and rice farms up until 40 years ago. It takes decades for
slow-growing trees like live oaks and magnolias to mature into "real trees"
as you call them. The areas inside the 610 loop contain the many enormous
mature live oaks and magnolias, outside of 610 where the trees were planted
less than 40 years ago the trees are smaller. This is not difficult to
understand.

You should get
around the US more to see what REAL trees look like.

Houston has never billed itself as a tourist destination, and while some of
the complaints about my town (heat, humidity, flat terrain) are certainly
valid, I've never seen anyone claim that Houston doesn't have "real trees".
Until now. Do you have the slightest clue as to how absurd and petty you
appear to be, Paul? I don't believe you do. If you did have a clue, you
wouldn't keep coming back here to make a jackass out of yourself.

So what's the real scoop behind your bizarre hatred for my town?

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Paul E. Lehmann

d b wrote:

You addressed his complaints and falsehoods nicely and he does not
evidently have the imagination to come up with more.

Way to go.

djb

That's right, I give up. I know when to quit arguing against ignorance and
stupidity.

jjp wrote:

I wouldn't consider numerous bayous and lots of trees as
"featureless."

Tell us more about Houston's CONCRETE lined Bayous.

Some bayous were lined during flood control projects, most are not.
Concrete lining was done on some bayous in the 40s and 50s, when
government engineers liked big concrete projects. But as I mentioned,
most Houston bayous aren't lined. Those that are lined are certainly more
attractive than LA's concrete ditches.

Tell us about Hershey Park, for example, with a walking / biking trail
along Buffalo Bayou AND the STENCH from the sewar (sic) treatment

Old July 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM
d b

So do I ----so I will not worry about you any longer. You just do not know what
the hell you are talking about you fool

djb

Old July 15th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Paul E. Lehmann

d b wrote:

So do I ----so I will not worry about you any longer. You just do not
know what the hell you are talking about you fool

Keep responding. The more you write the more you show your true colors.

Old July 16th, 2004, 01:04 PM
d b

Maybe you should take your own advice. My true colors are just fine. You
keep it up and so will I ---you stop responding and then I will not have
anything to respond to!

Food for thought.

djb