THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ACTIVE AGAIN

Old March 6th, 2004, 08:18 PM
David E. Bath

Default THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ACTIVE AGAIN

My name is David Bath, I have volunteered to take over the moderation
of this group for now. I am an experienced moderator as I have been
one of the moderators of rec.audio.high-end for over 5 years. I also
voted to create this group and I've posted to the group many times as
I go to an all-inclusive resort at least once a year..

Hal is giving us the chance to prove that this is a viable group by
first posting good questions and then posting good answers. It's the
answers that Hal feels are missing. I myself feel that as long as any
on-topic posts are sent in the group should continue. Hal has
reserved the right to suspend the group again if he feels the group
is not of any use.

Hal is giving us a few months to prove him wrong, so let's get to
it!

--
David Bath

Old March 8th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Sam

Default ? AI in Cancun

Glad to hear that this board is up and running again.

We are looking for a budget or moderately priced AI in the Cancun
strip, ocean side or a cruise. We are from Vancouver Canada. One of
us is an avid sun worshipper while the other prefers some sun and
beach huts. We have been to the Royal Solaris and Yalmakan. The bay
side location is not preferrable due to the fact the other hotels
block the sun early in the afternoon. We have no kids and are looking
for the basics:

1. Clean, comfortable beds
2. Consistent cooling from the air conditioning insuite
3. Quiet rooms and surroundings (no party animals)
3. Good food
4. Hot Jacuzzi
5. Concerns or complaints handled promptly and efficiently by hotel
staff
6. Snacks and beverages served 24/7 (preferrable)

As you can see, we have simple expectations. Our first visit to Cancun
was at the Yalmakan in mid 2001 and the following year to the RS. The
RS was a bit of a disappointment but have heard that they have made
some improvements recently.

Any help in choosing another AI that won't break the bank is
appreciated.

Thanks.

Sasha

:
: Hal is giving us the chance to prove that this is a viable group by
: first posting good questions and then posting good answers. It's the
: answers that Hal feels are missing. I myself feel that as long as
any
: on-topic posts are sent in the group should continue. Hal has
: reserved the right to suspend the group again if he feels the group
: is not of any use.
:
: Hal is giving us a few months to prove him wrong, so let's get to
: it!
:
: --
: David Bath
:

Old March 8th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Mildred Savalier

Whatever you decide stay away from the Oasis.
In Cancun when you travel is very important spring break is very party hardy
and July is the busiest month.

--
Dilly

People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
David E. Bath - RTRAI Moderator

Default New Group Guidelines (was THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ACTIVE AGAIN)

In article ,
(David E. Bath) writes:
My name is David Bath, I have volunteered to take over the moderation
of this group for now. I am an experienced moderator as I have been
one of the moderators of rec.audio.high-end for over 5 years. I also
voted to create this group and I've posted to the group many times as
I go to an all-inclusive resort at least once a year..

Hal is giving us the chance to prove that this is a viable group by
first posting good questions and then posting good answers. It's the
answers that Hal feels are missing. I myself feel that as long as any
on-topic posts are sent in the group should continue. Hal has
reserved the right to suspend the group again if he feels the group
is not of any use.

Hal is giving us a few months to prove him wrong, so let's get to
it!

Hal has decided that the group is viable and has completely handed
over the group to me. I will not be using the automated post handling
software that he was using, so I will be hand moderating each
incoming post. Each incoming post that meets the rules listed below
will either get an approval message or a rejection message provided
that a valid email address was used. I will not edit an address to
remove any spamproofing.

For the time being the only posting guidelines a

1. Posts must be about all-inclusive resorts or about the operation
of this group.

2. No crossposts, that is, posts must have only this group in the
Newsgroups header.

3. No spam or commercial posts, which includes posts by travel agents
or travel websites.

4. No posts with flames or any other personal invective will be
accepted.

And contrary to the old rules, please place your new comments within
the quoted text so that the discussion is easier to follow. Also
please delete any quoted text that you are not commenting on since it
makes it easier to follow.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive