HONEYMOON HELP...

Old May 19th, 2004, 04:59 AM
wayne

Default HONEYMOON HELP...

It does look mixed!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...-Barbados.html

http://barbados.wheretostay.com/prop...0-reviews.html

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...os/almond.html

http://www.turq.com/barbados/tripreports/report7.php

Not sure what other options you have or what your likes/budget is but you
might want to look at St Lucia or a PlayaDel Carmen all inclusive.
Barbados is a nice place I stopped there as part of a cruise probably 10
years ago and found the people very friendly and helpful.

We had taken the public bus to this outdoor wildlife park/zoo they have on
the far side of the Island. We were waiting for the bus to go back to the
port and a group of 3-4 teenagers were walking down the road toward us there
was no one around anywhere in sight and I have to admit we were a little
apprehensive.
They started to talk to us and their accent was very heavy after a bit of
taking and a lot of gesturing it was clear they were letting us know the bus
was pretty unreliable and they were walking down to the corner and we should
to as there were more buses passing on that road!

We followed them thankful for the advice, a bus came by and they urged us to
get on even though it was not a public bus but a private bus. Cost was 50
cents!
We made it back to the ship with a little time to spare but not much!

If not for the help of total strangers we may have missed the ship entirely!

Wayne

"Michael" wrote in message
My fiancée and I had our honeymoon booked through US Airways Vacations
to stay at the Sandals Antigua from June 13 - June 20. Unfortunately,
due to several severe airline schedule changes... our arrival and
departure flights changed so much that we would have lost 2 days at
the resort. US Airways did not have any options for us and they were
less than accommodating. they were horrible to deal with!! Although we
enjoy Sandals resorts and the island of Antigua... we were very
disappointed to have to cancel our honeymoon there. We did look at all
other Sandals resorts... but because of the short time table... less
than 1 month... most resorts or airlines were booked. My travel agent
found information on the Almond Beach Village resort and Barbados in
her travel guide... neither my agent or I have every heard of it or
have any details on the resort. We have never been to Barbados, so
thought it may be worth looking at. The flights to the island looked
good and we did some research on the resort. Everything looks pretty
nice... but I'm very concerned because we have read some bad reviews
on a few Internet boards. Since this will be our first time there...
could you please tell us about the resort, food, beach, maybe include
a resort property map, and some information about the weather and
Barbados. Our flight arrives at the airport 2:30pm on June 13... does
the resort offer a shuttle service to the hotel and back to the
airport? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. So
far... our honeymoon experience has been horrible!! We look forward to
your response and any assistance!!!