A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travel Regions » Europe
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dubrovnik Airport Taxi



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 26th, 2017, 03:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

My wife and I are going to arrive at the Dubrovnik airport and will
need to take a taxi to our hotel, I won't have any Kuna.

Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If not, will they take Euros, at a
reasonable exchange rate?

Or would I be best off getting Kuna from an ATM in the airport? Our
hotel is the Valamar Lacroma Resort, Iva Dulcica 34. About how much in
Kuna should I expect the ride to cost?
  #2  
Old December 1st, 2017, 08:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 303
Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:20:40 PM UTC, Ken Blake wrote:
My wife and I are going to arrive at the Dubrovnik airport and will
need to take a taxi to our hotel, I won't have any Kuna.

Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If not, will they take Euros, at a
reasonable exchange rate?

Or would I be best off getting Kuna from an ATM in the airport? Our
hotel is the Valamar Lacroma Resort, Iva Dulcica 34. About how much in
Kuna should I expect the ride to cost?


It's a short trip, maybe 30 minutes?
Kuna would be easiest.
I'd guess about 300 Kuna.
There's a cheaper bus service if you wanted that.
  #3  
Old December 1st, 2017, 04:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 00:12:37 -0800 (PST), Surreyman
wrote:


On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:20:40 PM UTC, Ken Blake wrote:

My wife and I are going to arrive at the Dubrovnik airport and will
need to take a taxi to our hotel, I won't have any Kuna.

Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If not, will they take Euros, at a
reasonable exchange rate?

Or would I be best off getting Kuna from an ATM in the airport? Our
hotel is the Valamar Lacroma Resort, Iva Dulcica 34. About how much in
Kuna should I expect the ride to cost?


It's a short trip, maybe 30 minutes?
Kuna would be easiest.
I'd guess about 300 Kuna.
There's a cheaper bus service if you wanted that.



Thanks. I'd like to avoid getting Kuna if possible, since I would end
up with some left over that I wouldn't know what to do with (or else
convert them to Euros at the airport when I leave, at a loss.)


So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?
  #4  
Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:49 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?


Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?

  #5  
Old December 2nd, 2017, 05:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
johnt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi


wrote in message
...
Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?


Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?

They quote prices in Euros so it seems reasonable to assume that they accept
them as a form of payment.

--
JohnT

  #6  
Old December 2nd, 2017, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 17:49:59 -0000, "johnt"
wrote:



wrote in message
...

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:


So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?


Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?


They quote prices in Euros so it seems reasonable to assume that they accept
them as a form of payment.




Yes, but they aren't really a taxi service, which is what I asked
about. They are a prebooked transfer service.

Still, 35€ seems like a good price and I may use them .
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OLBIA TAXI SARDINIA TAXI PORTO CERVO TAXI COSTA SMERALDA TAXI [email protected] Europe 0 August 13th, 2008 02:26 AM
Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik, Croatia Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik Travel Marketplace 0 January 3rd, 2005 02:58 PM
Taxi, Transfer, Transportation, Excursions in Dubrovnik Travel Marketplace 1 April 4th, 2004 09:45 AM
Taxi & Transportation Service Dubrovnik, Croatia Taxi Service Dubrovnik Travel Marketplace 0 December 10th, 2003 01:05 PM
Dubrovnik, Croatia, book your taxi Taxi & Transportation Service Dubrovnik Travel Marketplace 0 November 19th, 2003 09:12 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.