Pride of America to Be Delivered in June 2005!

Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:09 AM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Pride of America to Be Delivered in June 2005!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from NCL America and thought it would be
of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Pride of America to Be Delivered in June 2005

HONOLULU July 2, 2004
NCL America announced today that it had concluded negotiations with
Lloyd Werft in Germany, its insurers and banks, and agreed a new
delivery date for the Pride of America on June 6, 2005.
"We are pleased and relieved that this long period of uncertainty has
now ended and we can plan with confidence for the introduction of our
second U.S. flagged vessel in Hawai`i," said Colin Veitch, president
and CEO of NCL America. "Pride of America will be the first new-built
U.S. flagged cruise ship in 50 years and is going to be a fantastic
addition to our fleet.

"We are particularly pleased that we are able to announce this good
news for NCL's Hawai`i operations on the eve of the christening of
Pride of Aloha, our first US flagged vessel that will commence
inter-island Hawai`i cruising this Sunday, July 4th," Veitch
continued.

Pride of America was originally scheduled for delivery at the end of
April 2004 but work was halted after an accident in the yard in
January during which the ship took on water in a storm and sank up to
deck three. The yard subsequently filed for receivership as a result
of the accident and has been operating under the protection of a
receiver since then.

Since January, the ship has been raised and salvage work on the
damaged areas has been completed. Extensive discussions among NCL,
Lloyd Werft, the underwriting syndicate that insured the casualty,
NCL's banks and Lloyd Werft's banks have resulted in a detailed repair
specification and a new work plan for completion of the vessel.

The repairs will be extensive and will be fully covered by the
settlement reached with the insurers. The completion works represent a
continuation of the contractual arrangements already in place between
NCL and Lloyd Werft. NCL will fund the completion works as they are
carried out and the total cost of the ship to NCL once delivered will
not be materially different than if the January incident had not
occurred.

Pride of America's inaugural deployment and regular seven-day
inter-island Hawai`i schedule will be announced next week and go on
sale shortly thereafter.

On July 4th, NCL America will christen Pride of Aloha, the first
modern U.S.-flag cruise ship in almost 50 years. That day, the ship
will begin sailing seven-day, round-trip Hawai`i itineraries, visiting
all four main islands and giving passengers up to 96 hours in port.
Ports of call include: Honolulu, O`ahu; an overnight in Nawiliwili,
Kaua`i; Hilo, Hawai`i; Kona, Hawai`i; and an overnight in Kahului,
Maui.

For further information on NCL or NCL America, please contact your
travel professional.