Global warrming idiots!

Old April 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel[_5_]

Default Global warrming idiots!

FredBear schrieb:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

Unfortunately, no matter what country, politicians seem to be fools.

I don't think you've quite got the hang of it yet.

It is the person who doesn't see the joke who is the fool!

Is April 1st late this year?
T.

On a more serious note, I am proposing that in order to combat global
warming, every citizen should wrap his roof with aluminium foil. This
will reflect the sunlight back into space and so stop the icecaps from
melting. Much cheaper than photo-voltaic cells too. It will only require
2% of the earth's surface to be covered with aluminium foil, and we can
look forward to the next ice age.

Questions? None. Right, as you were.

T.
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT

"Deeply Filled Mortician" wrote
in message ...
Make credence recognised that on Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:10:32 GMT, "Calif
Bill" has scripted:

"Ian F." wrote in message
"FredBear" wrote in message

It is the person who doesn't see the joke who is the fool!

This may help him:

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2412750.ece

quoteMail on Sunday readers were given an easy ride with the rather
obvious spoof story headlined: "Council inspectors to demand £5 'carbon
offset' for barbecues".
The article, written by an April Baddely-Burns, detailed how homeowners
faced the prospect of being visited by a "council barbecue inspector" to
check if they have been illegally flambéing sausages.

A spokesman for climate change pressure group Greenwood, the aptly named
Luke Fairweather, is quoted as saying: "Thinking before you barbecue is
part of being a responsible human being."unquote

Ian

The scary thing, is you could see government inplementing such a tax.

I'm still trying to figure out if that thing about talking CCTV
cameras in the UK is just a late April fools or not.
--

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6524495.stm

JohnT

Old April 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

"Ian F." wrote in message
"FredBear" wrote in message

[...]

---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Calif Bill

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

"Ian F." wrote in message
"FredBear" wrote in message

It is the person who doesn't see the joke who is the fool!

This may help him:

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2412750.ece

quoteMail on Sunday readers were given an easy ride with the rather
obvious spoof story headlined: "Council inspectors to demand £5 'carbon
offset' for barbecues".
The article, written by an April Baddely-Burns, detailed how homeowners
faced the prospect of being visited by a "council barbecue inspector"
check if they have been illegally flambéing sausages.

A spokesman for climate change pressure group Greenwood, the aptly
named
Luke Fairweather, is quoted as saying: "Thinking before you barbecue is
part of being a responsible human being."unquote

Ian

The scary thing, is you could see government inplementing such a tax.

The UK government recently changed the tax law which means that I'll pay
less tax in a few years but people that earn a third of what I do will
pay more. There's nothing which is much scarier than that IMO.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net

Not that scary. Maybe they are just going to have to pay part of the cost
of society also. Here in the USA, 42% do not pay income taxes. They are
below the threshold.

Old April 5th, 2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Vainglorious

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:56:03 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Not that scary. Maybe they are just going to have to pay part of the cost
of society also. Here in the USA, 42% do not pay income taxes. They are
below the threshold.

42% of what? Taxpayers? Or citizens? Or the population? I'd like to
see a cite on that number.

- TR

Old April 5th, 2007, 05:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Calif Bill

wrote:

Not that scary. Maybe they are just going to have to pay part of the cost
of society also. Here in the USA, 42% do not pay income taxes. They are
below the threshold.

42% of what? Taxpayers? Or citizens? Or the population? I'd like to
see a cite on that number.

- TR

42% of the working population. If they were taxpayers they would be outside
the 42%. Do a little google search. You can start with
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org

Old April 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Viking

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 04:13:26 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

http://en.rian.ru/world/20070403/62999935.html

Have to get a permit to BBQ that releases 50 grams of CO2 and then they are
going to use a helocopter to check for illegal BBQ's. What amount of CO2
does a chopper emit a minute?

What I want to know is when you're going to need a permit to exhale.
Old April 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Calif Bill wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message

[]
The UK government recently changed the tax law which means that I'll pay
less tax in a few years but people that earn a third of what I do will
pay more. There's nothing which is much scarier than that IMO.

[]
Not that scary.

I suppose if you don't believe in social justice, it's not.

Maybe they are just going to have to pay part of the cost
of society also.

They were paying tax- his tax change means they will pay more.

Here in the USA, 42% do not pay income taxes. They are
below the threshold.

These people were certainly paying taxes. What he did was remove the
lower threshold of 10% tax, which means that people on lower incomes
(8-15k) will pay quite a bit more of their income in tax. Indeed someone
in the lowest range of income (including students who work) will pay up
to twice as much tax as before.

Old April 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Martin wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:30:55 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Those in the lowest range of income pay no tax, there is a threshold
before tax is payable.

As there is in other countries, but the point is that those now paying
tax over that threshold (roughly £5,000) will pay double what they did
before on the first £2,000 or so of income. Someone earning £10,000 a
year will be paying more tax than before. Someone earning £30,000 will
be paying slightly less. I see utterly no fairness in that.

My son paid no tax whilst doing a full time job by working for 12 months
split over two financial years.

£10,000 over two years is very little indeed. I wouldn't want anyone to
pay tax on that.