Cruise Insurance

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
mp krieger

Default Cruise Insurance

Does any company have a "cancellation only"
policy? We have full medical coverage and are an hour drive to the pier
so we don't need the usual package coverages.
Thanks, Mur

Old February 27th, 2009, 12:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

mp krieger wrote:
Does any company have a "cancellation only"
policy? We have full medical coverage and are an hour drive to the pier
so we don't need the usual package coverages.
Thanks, Mur

I'm not sure about that, but these people will know: insuremytrip.com

You can call them and they are extremely helpful!
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Johnson

"mp krieger" wrote in message
Does any company have a "cancellation only"
policy? We have full medical coverage and are an hour drive to the pier
so we don't need the usual package coverages.
Thanks, Mur

You have full medical outside the US? How about medical evacuation or
worse?
Paul Johnson

Old February 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Feb 27, 5:12*am, frijoli wrote:
mp krieger wrote:
Does any company have a "cancellation only"
policy? *We have full medical coverage and are an hour drive to the pier
so we don't need the usual package coverages.
* * * Thanks, * *Mur

I'm not sure about that, but these people will know: insuremytrip.com

You can call them and they are extremely helpful!

I, too, recommend insuremytrip.com. You can use their web-based quote
interface to select only the coverages you need. And yes, if you have
questions, they are very helpful via phone or online chat.

We have international medical coverage, so never select medical;
however, we always secure medical evacuation in addition to trip
cancellation/interruption.

Good luck. Have a great cruise trip!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
mp k

Thanks for your replies. Yes, we do have medical evacuation out of the
country, even tho this cruise is from San Francisco to Alaska.
I will call insuremytrip.

Old February 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Me and my cow have had wonderful ,mservice from Access America....very
prompt and curteous service when we had to cancel...senior citisen

Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Feb 27, 1:09*pm, "Clint" wrote:
Me and my cow have had wonderful ,mservice from Access America....very
prompt and curteous service when we had to cancel...senior citisen"mp k" wrote in message

Thanks for your replies. *Yes, we do have medical evacuation out of the
country, even tho this cruise is from San Francisco to Alaska.
I will call insuremytrip.- Hide quoted text -

Only thing with Access America if you have to cancel more then once
they will not want to insure you again..... We used this company alot
and because a family had to cancel and then we had one other
cancelation they said we could not use them any longer because it is
excessive. UNREAL. So now we use Travel Safe and travel Insured, CSA
for last min who want Pre exostomg coverage and Travel Ex that is a
Primary not a secondary insurance...
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Susette wrote:

Only thing with Access America if you have to cancel more then once
they will not want to insure you again..... We used this company alot
and because a family had to cancel and then we had one other
cancelation they said we could not use them any longer because it is
excessive. UNREAL. So now we use Travel Safe and travel Insured, CSA
for last min who want Pre exostomg coverage and Travel Ex that is a
Primary not a secondary insurance...

We used Access America a few times, but then found out that if we
switched the policy to a different cruise we lost our pre-existing
coverage. Now we use Travelex's TravelLite plan and we will not lose our
pre-existing coverage if we switch to a different cruise/sailing.

sue