Royal Cariibbean stock... insider purchases

Old March 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Royal Cariibbean stock... insider purchases

RCL stock has been on a roller-coaster and until recently, most of the
progress has been down. On March 3, it hit $5.63 cents a share at one
point.

In late February, Bariera Chico (one of the officers of RCL) bought 14,500
shares at $6.44 and another 10,000 shares at $6

I like it when insiders buy shares in their own company. It shows that they
have some faith in the future and they aren't afraid to put their money
where their mouth is.

This morning, RCL is trading around $7 a share.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
January 10, 2009 Southern Caribbean
http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old March 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

George provided some input, in a way, with this post today, to the original
post called... "Which cruise line stock to buy?" posted on 3/10/2009 at 2:20
AM.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old March 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"George Leppla" wrote in message
RCL stock has been on a roller-coaster and until recently, most of the
progress has been down. On March 3, it hit $5.63 cents a share at one
point.

In late February, Bariera Chico (one of the officers of RCL) bought 14,500
shares at $6.44 and another 10,000 shares at $6

I like it when insiders buy shares in their own company. It shows that
they have some faith in the future and they aren't afraid to put their
money where their mouth is.

This morning, RCL is trading around $7 a share.

To add some information.... today RCL closed at $8 a share, up $1.15 for the
day. Carnival Corp also had a good day, closing at $20.74 a share, up
$1.07

And lest some of the conspiracy peeps out there get their panties in a wad,
I fully and freely disclose that I own stock in both companies. Oh... and
I sell cruises so I have a vested interest in seeing these companies do
well. And any post made by me was made freely and without compensation in
cash, goods or services from any cruise line. And my post should not be
construed to mean that I am encouraging anyone to buy or sell stock in any
cruise line. And this post does not contain any forward-looking
projections, suppositions, assumptions or factual prognostications other
than my personal, unsolicited opinion which may or may not have value to
prospective investors, alive or dead.

No animals were hurt in the production or transmission of this post.

Old March 13th, 2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

As this information continues to grow, you might want to see the data added
to the original related post of 3/10/at 2009 at 2:20 AM, called... "Which
cruise line stock to buy?" Some interesting observations have been added.

Old March 13th, 2009, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

John Sisker wrote:
As this information continues to grow, you might want to see the data
added to the original related post of 3/10/at 2009 at 2:20 AM, called...
"Which cruise line stock to buy?" Some interesting observations have
been added.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
www.slutstoshorecruise.com

You'll post anything just to advertise, won't you?
Smarmy. Really, really smarmy.
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:28:59 -0500, George Leppla wrote:

RCL stock has been on a roller-coaster and until recently, most of the
progress has been down. On March 3, it hit $5.63 cents a share at one
point.

In late February, Bariera Chico (one of the officers of RCL) bought 14,500
shares at $6.44 and another 10,000 shares at $6

I like it when insiders buy shares in their own company. It shows that they
have some faith in the future and they aren't afraid to put their money
where their mouth is.

Perhaps. It is also a prerequisite of showing faith, not like they have
a great deal of choice in the matter. Your view is a naive one.

Stockholder: "Why haven't you bought more of RCI stock, Mr. Executive of
RCI"
EXEC: "Uh, I forgot?
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7
Old March 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

George Leppla wrote:
RCL stock has been on a roller-coaster and until recently, most of the
progress has been down. On March 3, it hit $5.63 cents a share at one
point.

In late February, Bariera Chico (one of the officers of RCL) bought
14,500 shares at $6.44 and another 10,000 shares at $6

I like it when insiders buy shares in their own company. It shows that
they have some faith in the future and they aren't afraid to put their
money where their mouth is.

This morning, RCL is trading around $7 a share.

And stock buy back is a common method to help fend off hostile
takeovers. But I agree of course with your underlying premise -- they
have faith in their industry which is good to see.

Now if they could talk to the Chinese about t-bills that'd be great, lol...

Jeff