Important shinkansen service changes (Was: Trip Report - Japan)

Old September 13th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Giant Furry Killer? Bunny

Default Important shinkansen service changes (Was: Trip Report - Japan)

Thanks for the info!!! We have a trip planned in October for Japan.
We've already got our JRail Pass vouchers. I hope they have updated
the schedules on the JR web site!

//Eva

"Dave Fossett" wrote in message ...
Gerry Scott-Moore wrote:

Where do the Nozomi lines run? The only significant time we had to
shell out in our past trips was traveling in Kyushu. Though I
understand in our next trip we'll encounter non-JR in northern Honshu.

The Nozomi services are the premier limited-stop trains that run between
Tokyo and Hakata (in Kyushu). Up until now, there was generally just one an
hour, and so it was no problem to ignore this and catch one of the frequent
Hikari services. From October, the Hikari services will be reduced to just
two an hour, and these will only run as far as Osaka. As at present, there
will still be the roughly hourly Hikari Rail Star services from Osaka to
Hakata, so a change of trains will always be necessary if travelling west of
Osaka to Hiroshima or all the way to Hakata.
The all-stations Kodama services will remain unchanged at two per hour, but
these are largely irrelevant for people travelling longer distances such as
Tokyo to Kyoto.

Old September 14th, 2003, 01:50 PM
mag3

Quoting (Giant Furry Killer? Bunny) regarding
Important shinkansen service changes (Was: Trip Report - Japan) in a message
dated 12 Sep 2003 16:13:01 -0700:

Thanks for the info!!! We have a trip planned in October for Japan.
We've already got our JRail Pass vouchers. I hope they have updated
the schedules on the JR web site!

//Eva

I would rely more on the Hyperdia Website for schedule info since you can
plan exact routes on exact days.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/

Regards,
Arnold.

(E-mail address altered, to prevent spamming. :-|
Remove all asterisks and the *hates*spam* to get true address.)