MSP-MCH-SVO

Old March 7th, 2006, 12:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default MSP-MCH-SVO

Herbie Jurvanen wrote in
:

In 36, Joseph
Coulter wrote:

1 stop Economy 1hr 25min Boeing 737 View seats

What are "View seats"? All seats have a view of something.

on the web stie in question there is a button to allow one to view the
available seats.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old March 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

SDK schrieb:

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help. I was able to find
a MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP ticket on KLM and Aerflot for $1550 (including taxes
and fees) . This avoids the backtrack thru Munich and the issue with
transferring carriers in Munich.

Would be interested in any recommendations for hotels in Munich and
Nuremburg. Again we're meeting friends from Moscow, so we need to find
accomodations for the four of us.

Do you want to stay in Nürnberg downtown or in what is called
"Franconian Sitzerland", for example Neustadt bei Pegnitz, reachable by
tilting regional express from Nürnberg? Been there twice, loved it.

Will your friends from Moscow fly into Munich, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Berlin?

I'm afraid no flights to Nürnberg yet.

Regards, ULF
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

pfriedmanNoSpam schrieb:
"SDK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help. I was able to find
a MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP ticket on KLM and Aerflot for $1550 (including taxes
and fees) . This avoids the backtrack thru Munich and the issue with
transferring carriers in Munich.

Would be interested in any recommendations for hotels in Munich and
Nuremburg. Again we're meeting friends from Moscow, so we need to find
accomodations for the four of us. ALso, any suggestion on train travel
form Munich to Nuremburg too.

There is one (sometimes two) direct ICE trains an hour between these cities.
Travel time is less than two hours.

Well, in summer DB will open the new Highspeedline from Munich to
Nuremberg. DB will also offer so called RE200 service (regional express
train with 200 km/h on HSL). You can use these trains with the
"Bayernticket" (up to 5 people after 9am in the state of Bavaria - 22
Euros).
Cheapest way from Munich to Nuremberg and will take just a little bit
longer - the local traffic in Munich and Nuremberg is included!

Note: these tickets are cheaper at ticket machines!

Josef

Old March 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Our friends from Moscow are flying into Munich. We plan on spending 3
- 4 days there and then head to Nuremburg for a World Cup match. Our
friends have already booked hotels rooms for us in Nuremburg, but we
on't have accomodations in Munich. Staying near the World Cup venue in
Munich would be great and/or the train station would be convienent.

Not sure we want to spend $1000/night, but something in the $200 - $300
would be great. We're not too picking on style...definitely more
interested in location and atmosphere.

Old March 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"SDK" writes:

Our friends from Moscow are flying into Munich. We plan on spending 3
- 4 days there and then head to Nuremburg for a World Cup match. Our
friends have already booked hotels rooms for us in Nuremburg, but we
on't have accomodations in Munich. Staying near the World Cup venue in
Munich would be great and/or the train station would be convienent.

Not sure we want to spend $1000/night, but something in the $200 - $300
would be great. We're not too picking on style...definitely more
interested in location and atmosphere.

Are you acquainted with http://www.tripadvisor.com? In your price
range it's well stocked with user reviews. (I am a cheap *******, so
it is as little use to me there as I would be to you.)

Des
Old March 9th, 2006, 04:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"george" wrote in message
oups.com...

pfriedmanNoSpam wrote:

It is hard to give recommendations for hotels without knowing price
range,
where you want to stay (in the middle of things? somewhere quiet? modern?
traditional?

This is World Cup time. Any unbooked hotels will be very expensive,
the cheaper well located ones were probably all booked long ago..

George

oops, sorry, I didn't notice the dates of travel.