Westerdam Liquor

Old December 12th, 2005, 11:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Westerdam Liquor

I know that almost all cruselines prohibit liquor carried aboard but
on my previous Princess and Celebrity cruises I was always able to
bring a bottle in my carryon bag at embarkation. I think the TSA
handles embarkation security and they are not concerned with liquor. I
have never seen a bottle confiscated at embarkation, only port stops.
Is HAL any different?

Old December 13th, 2005, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Rob,

HAL states that only wine and champagne can be brought onboard - all
else will be held until end of cruise.

Doug

Old December 13th, 2005, 06:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Not sure, but watch out for HAL's new tipping policy!

Can you please explain what their new policy is for us seniors?

God bless you.

Larry

Old December 13th, 2005, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Here's the link to HAL's site on tipping:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/guests...&topic=tipping

Old December 13th, 2005, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

NV,

I have the feeling that Larry was just having fun with Clint the troll, who
has been asking about HAL's policy since it was created back in 2004.

By the way, the website really doesn't explain the nuances of "the policy".
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)