Tipping in USA/Canada

Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Ken Ehrett

Default Greg P Tipping in USA/C

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 07:26:25 GMT, Craig Welch
wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

I never said what aircraft my daughter has flown.
What aircraft has your daughter flown?
I've already answered that question.
Which aircraft has she flown?
I've already answered that question.
I see. You don't know which aircraft she has flown.
I very much doubt that I know all the aircraft types that she has flown.
I very much doubt that you know any aircraft types that she has
flown.
Don't go doing a Sarah on me! You have no reason to doubt anything at
present.
Why should I make a partial listing of the aircraft my daughter has
flown?
Why would you say you answered the question already when you now say you
refuse to answer it?
Well Duhh, my answer was that I'm not going to answer your question.
Most people, rather than relying on obfuscation, would have said
that in the first place.
I like to play you along for a little while.
And you wonder why people find you hard to talk to ...

People tend to consider me easy to talk to, that's part of the reason
why I'm a counsellor. (volunteer, not professional)

Oh, my. You? A counsellor? Do many of your victims ... err, counselees
survice?

Greg, if you're a 'counsellor', how is it that all your communication
skills desert you the moment you approach Usenet?

It certainly makes one wonder why anyone would take the advice of a
drooling volunteer.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

Default Gr Tipping in USA/Cana

Craig Welch wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:
Craig Welch wrote:
Greg Procter wrote:
"Mr. Travel" wrote:
Craig Welch wrote:
Have you ever lived anywhere except New Zealand?

With a mind as closed as his?
I doubt he's ever left Porpoise Spit.

(Oh, that's in Oz, isn't it?)

I've never been a porpoise so I've never left porpoise spit, and I've
never come across anywhere called Porpoise Spit in NZ.
Can I deduce from your post that you've never heard of Porpoise Spit in
Australia?

WOW, my general knowledge is patchy!

Yes, it is.

Previously we established that you had not read arguably the most famous
aviation poem ever written.

We also argued that the particular poem was not famous outside US/N.A.
circles.

Now it seems that you have not seen an extremely popular film, where the
principal character grew up in Porpoise Spit.

Who knows - I don't recognise the name.

Have you heard of Mahia Peninsula?

Yes, I've heard of it ... I've been there. But the comparison is
invalid, it's not famous in the way that the other location is, or the
poem was.

Given that I didn't know the infamy of the other location, it was
difficult to make a comparable reference.

What were your impressions of Mahia?

Regards,
Greg.P.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

Craig Welch wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:
Craig Welch wrote:
Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:
The CIA World Factbook says England is in Europe, which means it is
beyond N.America.

"CIA factbook"?
LOL!
Does it contain all that yanks are allowed to know about the world or
just the facts made up by the CIA???
This might come as a surprise to you Greg, but no matter what you might
think about the CIA, their Factbook is one of the most authorative
references around.

RIGHT!

There you go again. If you disagree, why don't you explain why?

Quite simple:- you yanks are totally brainwashed by your government. The
CIA probably plays a large part in creating the stories you are
brainwashed with.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

Craig Welch wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:
Craig Welch wrote:
Greg Procter wrote:
Jeff wrote:
"Craig Welch" wrote in message
"Mr. Travel" said:

It is possible to be against a country without being in a war with them.

For example, look at Iran and North Korea.
We aren't at war with them.
By your logic, that means we are their friend.
The US is still at war with North Korea.

Actually, there is no "war" between the U.S. and North Korea. This was a UN
action and the armastice (sp??) is between North and South Korea.

No war between the US and North Korea? All those dead soldiers will be
pleased to hear that!
You go to great pains to point out the tense of your comments (such as
chemist induced drugs), yet ignore the obvious differenct between 'is'
no war and 'was' a war.

Well, the war hasn't ended yet, it's just a temporary ceasefire - hadn't
you noticed?

Almost correct. But the dead soldiers became dead when there was an
active war.

They were there because the US was attacking North Korea, not because
N.Korea was attacking the USa.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

Default Tipping in USA/Canada

"Mr. Travel" said:

It is possible to be against a country without being in a war with them.

For example, look at Iran and North Korea.
We aren't at war with them.
By your logic, that means we are their friend.

The US is still at war with North Korea.

Actually, there is no "war" between the U.S. and North Korea. This was a UN
action and the armastice (sp??) is between North and South Korea.

As mentioned on M*A*S*H many times, it was a police action.

You were slaughtering Koreans to stop them from reuniting their own
country.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Craig Welch wrote:

Let me put it to my peers:

Mr Travel, Hatunen, TMOliver, Sarah. Would you think I have
displayed my lack of general knowledge in this thread?

I believe we are all fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Luckily you don't have the wits to realise you're losing.

This kind of reminds me of 1 VS 100, the TV quiz show.
Do you think you are on the 1 side or the 100 side?

Why would you imagine I would know your yank TV programme?
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

We're discussing a third party - as you've probably noticed I generally
don't mind answering even relatively personal questions, knowing full
well that Sarah and assorted other idiots will try to gain some
imaginary advantage.
I'm proud of my daughter, particularly as she's worked hard all her
life, but some details of her life are her business, and therefore not
for me to pass on.

Regards,
Greg.P.

You brought it up the "fact" your daughter is a licensed commercial
airline pilot.

I never said that.
Stop making things up.

You said she had a commercial airline pilot's license.

No. You put that string together.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

That's somewhat backwards logic, but at the time I was prescribed
antibiotics I had an infection.

Quote: " I had an infection."

Agreed. You said, "I had an infection." You also said, "I take
prescribed drugs such as the antibiotics suggested by my dentist"

"I take" is present tense. "I had" is past tense.
So, with no infection now, you are still taking the drugs.

In that situation "I take" is a generalization covering my entire adult
life.

Is this Kiwi grammar?

It's called 'English grammar'.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Ken Ehrett

Default G Tipping in USA/Canad

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:20:03 GMT, Craig Welch
wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:
"Mr. Travel" wrote:
Craig Welch wrote:

Have you ever lived anywhere except New Zealand?

With a mind as closed as his?
I doubt he's ever left Porpoise Spit.

(Oh, that's in Oz, isn't it?)

I've never been a porpoise so I've never left porpoise spit, and I've
never come across anywhere called Porpoise Spit in NZ.

Can I deduce from your post that you've never heard of Porpoise Spit in
Australia?

You can deduce from Groggy's posts that he probably can't find his way
back home whenever he starts wondering off on his own into town.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

I said "thousands volunteered". Remember, this was also the numbers for
the RAF. For most Americans, it was rather difficult to sign up for the
British military.

It wasn't that easy for New Zealanders either.

I suspect it would be easier for members of the Commonwealth.
Of course you have done ZERO research on the matter, so I understand you
don't know anything you speak of.

Still, the NZers were part of the Commonwealth, so would it not make
sense they would be more represented in the British or Australian military?

AFAIK there was no such thing as a British "Commonwealth" in 1939.

Well certainly, but you hadn't decided to join the war, let alone
decided on which side.

Again you have done no research on this.

Don't talk utter crap.

The US military provided support for the Allies before entering the war.

The US supported both sides before entering the war.