Gunloon massacres in the USA a daily event

Old February 19th, 2008, 05:35 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Ken Ehrett

Default Gunloon massacres in the USA a daily event

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:52:23 -0000, "maximilian smith"
wrote:

"PLMerite" wrote in message

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

Obviously, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. You must
be from Australia or some other backwater **** hole.

American gunloons think that more guns = less guncrime.

The weeky gun massacres proove the hapless gunloons wrong.

But still they defend their toys...

Stay in England where you're "safe" and STFU.

Not many gunloon massacres here, innit

Of course when the muzzies start running things

Why would 1% of the population take over?

Because you will allow it to happen. You're all gutless and then when
it does you'll plead with us to rescue you again.

Mr Thornton laughed when I asked him about the
expensive car Nick claims to have. I was told
that the only decent cars to turn up at Nick’s
place have been owned by the police and bailiffs.
I was told by another person living near him that
they wished that he would leave as their house
prices are being affected because of the state of
Nick’s house and the wrecked cars outside.

Euromerc's neighbors on community relations
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:53 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Arfur Moo

On Tue 19 Feb 2008 at 06:19:57 +1100 RD (The Sandman)
wrote in
:

Greg Procter wrote in
:

IsraelCACHAOLopez wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

Bill DeFranzo wrote:

Where have you been? Would you really have wanted the NIU shooter to
have been trained?

Definitely!

Why?

I have an "anti-American" image to maintain - more yanks killed in
violent incidents has to be a good thing.

IOW, you don't wish to debate,

Whereas.

you only wish to demigogue.

I don't know what a _full_ gogue is, let alone a _half_ one. Dear readers,
please stay tuned. Perhaps RD's verb "to demigogue" is a cross between "to
demagogue" and---um---"to demigod".

--
Arfur Moo

(NB: Those of you who want to post a reply to this message should read the
"Followup-To:" line in my headers and then reinstate any destination group
that you want to reinstate.)

Old February 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Sarah Czepiel

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:12:54 +1300, Greg Procter
wrote:

:Sarah Czepiel wrote:
:
: On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:32:26 +1300, Greg Procter
: wrote:
:
: :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: :
: : On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:35:15 -0800 (PST),
: : wrote:
: :
: : :Guns will never be legalised in the UK as there is no
: : :place for them in a modern society.
: :
: : Then disarm your Police and military.
: :
: :
: :Police and military are outside normal society.
:
: How so?
:
:
:The Police are charged with keeping law and order but are expected _not_
:to judge.

NZ is so backward you have no laws forbidding the Police from being
judge and jury?

:The Military are charged with defending our country without recourse to
:normal law and order limitations.

recourse? Are you certain that's the word you're going for groggy?
Old February 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Seth Hammond

wrote:

:Guns will never be legalised in the UK as there is no
:place for them in a modern society.

Then disarm your Police and military.

And never beg us again for our personal guns.

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:11 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
RD (The Sandman)[_2_]

Greg Procter wrote in
:

Seth Hammond wrote:

"Rifty" wrote in message
Scout wrote:

"Rifty" wrote in message
Mr. Travel wrote:

I thought the NIU guy had a shotgun.

Correct - plus another gun. How does that relate to my comment?
The point wasn't about what this demented bloke had, but why
someone like him could walk into a gunshop and take one off the
shelf and go kill people with it - with no regulations apart
from proving they have a driver's licence.

Clearly you don't know the legal requirements then.

I am not against gun ownership. I am against making it easy for
loonies to get and use them.

Once you know the current state of the law then you can hold a
meaningful discussion about this, until then you are just too
ignorant of you chosen subject.

They were easy enough for a lunatic to buy himself two guns and
massacre people. That's all anyone needs to know. Your laws clearly
are weak and fail to protect your citizens. Nowhere else in the
world do they do the massacre of innocent people in a shooting
spree so well and so often as in the USA.

Why are so many gun freaks over there in the US so aggro? Several
I've seen posting on here shouldn't be allowed to own a popgun, let
alone something that fires bullets.

Rifty
--

The question now and always has been is why people go berserk, and
not what kind of weapon they strike out with. Placing illogical

Meanwhile you ignore the fact that numerous yanks lost all their
rights in a single incident and many more lost loved ones and have had
their lives destroyed. Those guns must be real important to you
gun-nutters!

Not as important as they appear to be to you. If this nutter had used a
grenade or a propane bomb, your blithering self wouldn't even be in here
mouthing off about it.

--
RD (The Sandman)

War is absolute hell.....but to give in
to terrorism is much, much worse
Old February 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
RD (The Sandman)[_2_]

(Rifty) wrote in
:

Seth Hammond wrote:

The question now and always has been is why people go berserk, and
not what kind of weapon they strike out with. Placing illogical
blame on inanimate objects is one more way of avoiding the mental
health issues involved.

You are partly right, but are ignoring one telling fact. The inanimate
object you refer to is one of the most efficient killing machines in
the hands of an individual that is widely available.

It is also one of the most efficient means of self defense.

Therefore we have
also to deal with that end of the problem as well.

Therefore we also have to deal with that end of the problem as well.

ideally, if we
could guarantee to be able to solve the mental health issues on their
own, then the weapon would be irrelevant. But we can't and
consequently we need to take along hard look at what weapons they will
use and whether or not it is a good idea to allow them to have
reasonably easy access to the most deadly of them.

One of the reasons that folks with mental health problems have the access
that do is due to state privacy issues and failures of doctors to ensure
that their patients get looked in a stronger light. Those with issues
need to be reported to NICS. In both Cho and Kazmierczak had mental
issues and neither were reported to NICS. Ergo, both used guns
"legally" purchased for their crimes.

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
RD (The Sandman)[_2_]

Greg Procter wrote in
:

Rifty wrote:

Seth Hammond wrote:

The question now and always has been is why people go berserk, and
not what kind of weapon they strike out with. Placing illogical
blame on inanimate objects is one more way of avoiding the mental
health issues involved.

You are partly right, but are ignoring one telling fact. The
inanimate object you refer to is one of the most efficient killing
machines in the hands of an individual that is widely available.
Therefore we have also to deal with that end of the problem as well.
ideally, if we could guarantee to be able to solve the mental health
issues on their own, then the weapon would be irrelevant. But we
can't and consequently we need to take along hard look at what
weapons they will use and whether or not it is a good idea to allow
them to have reasonably easy access to the most deadly of them.

Rifty

There's nothing in your Constitution saying that gun-loons can't have
nuclear weapons!
;-)

One wouldn't expect there to be, Greggie boy. The Constitution was
written as a limit on the federal government not the citizens.

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
RD (The Sandman)[_2_]

"Mr. Travel" wrote in
:

Rifty wrote:

Mr. Travel wrote:

I thought the NIU guy had a shotgun.

Correct - plus another gun. How does that relate to my comment? The
point wasn't about what this demented bloke had, but why someone like
him could walk into a gunshop and take one off the shelf and go kill
people with it - with no regulations apart from proving they have a
driver's licence.

I must have missed the part in the Constitution where it says you have
the right to bear arms as long as you follow the rules of the

government
and register them, so the government knows all about them. What part of
the 2nd Ammendment says this?

2A or no, his statement is bull****. One doesn't simply walk into a gun
shop, take one off the shelf and go kill people with nothing more than
showing a driver's license. He forgot about Form 4473s, background checks
or waiting periods, permits, licenses, FOICs or law enforcement
involvement depending on your state.