GoodBye Dear Freinds....

Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Andy P. Jung[_2_]

Default GoodBye Dear Freinds....

"sherlock1" wrote in message
Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet
service to our subscribers.

Declining newsgroup usage in recent years has highlighted the need to
focus our resources on other priorities, such as increasing our Internet
speeds and providing new services, including Cox Media Store and Share.

We understand that our newsgroup subscribers may want to continue
accessing Usenet. Therefore, we have worked with leading newsgroup service
provider Giganews to offer special pricing for Cox subscribers.

As a Cox subscriber you can take advantage of the following special
pricing on Giganews service:

1.. Giganews Diamond Plan: Cox customers will receive the Giganews
Diamond Plan for only $14.99 per month for the first two months (a 50%
discount) and 10% off the regular price beginning in the third month.
2.. Other Giganews Plans: With plans starting at $2.99 per month, there
are several options to meet your needs. Cox customers receive 50% off the
first month of all other Giganews plans and 10% off the then current price
beginning in the second month.
3.. All plans provide a free 14 day trial* so you can try the service
before you buy and there are no long-term contracts.

I'll just have to start using my dormant Google Groups account.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:09:25 -0700, Jack Hamilton wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:19:37 -0500, D Ball
wrote:

Anyone want to offer Thunderbird (or other) newsreader tips/tricks?!

I use Agent from www.forteinc.com. I've tried the major GUI-based
newsreaders on Windows and the Mac, and haven't found anything I like
more.

I also use Agent for both email and newsgroups. Been using it since I
got it with an ISP which in those days was called something like
Pipeplus. Free Agent came with it.

Agent is text only. Which is an advantage - the files take up much
less space that way.

Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jeff
Gersten wrote:

That gave all of us a bad name on usenet though many
of us did not ever act in that manner.

You do great. It is a pleasure reading your posts.

--
Charles
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Apr 20, 11:01�pm, Sue Mullen wrote:
D Ball wrote:
Anyone want to offer Thunderbird (or other) newsreader tips/tricks?!

I'm also a satisfied client of news.individual.net. �But when I switched
to Gmail several years back, I became lazy and started accessing Usenet
via Google groups vs. firing up my Outlook Express newsreader. From time
to time, I've downloaded the latest version of Thunderbird--I just did
it again. But I'm not thrilled with the message display--fiddling with
"date" and "threaded," it's not doing what I want it to do. I have a
pretty clear recall that if I selected most recent "date" while in
"threaded" view in Outlook Express, the "date" was tied to originating
post in a thread. It doesn't seem to work that way in Thunderbird...if
that makes any sense.

I'm sure it's user error and/or 'old dog, new tricks' on my part, but
neither Help and Mozilla forums nor Google search seem to yield much in
the way of "how to" tweak your newsreader display. If anyone's using
Thunderbird as their newsreader client and wants to give me a lesson,
please email me!

I am using news.individual.net and Thunderbird. Only thing is that I
never bothered with "threads", so can't help you there. I have also
always used Netscape before Thunderbird, so am used to the setup.

At one point I was looking at Outlook Express and it had me so confused
that I didn't bother with it again. I am thinking that Outlook Express
is a completly different product then Thunderbird and you just need to
find your way around using Thunderbird.

Google, I am surprised at you for using it(VBG). In the old days it was
difficult and hard to use, but it is now even worse. It is not only more
difficult to post from, it is horrible if you are trying to read a
thread or to search for something there.

sue- Hide quoted text -

I use google and its not a big deal at all and very easy....and not
getting spam much at all