Expanded Wine Program!

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Expanded Wine Program!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean International Expands Innovative Wine Program

Mariner of the Seas' VINTAGES Wine Bar Encourages Cruisers To Explore,
Experience Wines of the World

MIAMI, Nov. 11
Royal Caribbean International has partnered once again with some of
the most prestigious names in wine to offer a week-long wine
celebration at sea on its newest ship, Mariner of the Seas. The line
has joined with Robert Mondavi, Beringer Blass Wine Estates and
Niebaum-Coppola Estate Winery to expand its popular VINTAGES wine bar,
which first debuted in December 2002 on Navigator of the Seas.

"The exploration and appreciation of wine is another adventure that
appeals to Royal Caribbean's guests," said Maria Sastre, vice
president, Fleet Guest Services, for Royal Caribbean International.
"Every aspect of the new VINTAGES wine bar on Mariner of the Seas was
designed to provide opportunities for guests to experiment with, try
and enjoy new wines."

Central to the enhanced VINTAGES program is a vastly expanded wine
list, now featuring 61 offerings from Robert Mondavi, Beringer Blass
and Niebaum- Coppola, and representing some of the world's premiere
winegrowing regions: California, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and
Chile. VINTAGES' user-friendly menu is organized by both varietals and
taste profiles, making it easy to find the ideal white, red, blush or
sweet wine. The wine list focuses on superior, yet accessible, wines
that appeal to a broad audience, but also includes rare and expensive
wines.

"The VINTAGES wine list represents an innovative design in the
hospitality industry, enticing our guests to try new wines in an
approachable and appealing style," said Bob Midyette, manager, Fleet
Beverage Operations, for Royal Caribbean International.

In addition to increasing the quantities of wines to choose from,
Royal Caribbean is offering new ordering options to encourage guests
to expand their wine repertoire. Guests can request complimentary
"splashes" of any wine on the list, making it easy to find the wines
that suit their tastes.

All wines are now also available by half glass as well as by full
glass and bottle, with prices ranging from $2.25 to $9.25 per half
glass, $4.00 to $18.50 per glass, and $22 to $99 per bottle. Guests
can order bottles of wine to enjoy in VINTAGES or to be delivered to
their tables in Mariner's main dining room or specialty restaurants.

VINTAGES also encourages guests to expand their wine horizons with 13
different "wine flights." The flights are cleverly named groupings of
three or four wines by taste profile, varietal or winegrowing region,
such as "Spice Up Your Life," "Pretty in Pink," "How Merlot Can You
Go?" and "Down Under." A wine flight purchase includes a 2 oz. sample
of each wine, and a complimentary copy of Oz Clarke's Wine Tasting or
Wine & Food Matcher pocket guides. All guests visiting VINTAGES also
will receive a complimentary copy of Wine Spectator magazine, the wine
industry's leading publication.

Each cruise, VINTAGES offers a full schedule of fun and informative
events, including a basic wine overview called "Making Sense of Wine;"
three levels of wine tastings ranging from excellent wine values to
rare and expensive wines; a Spanish-language wine introductory class;
a late night wine and chocolate tasting; and a wine trivia game with
prizes. All events are run by VINTAGES' "Wine Tenders," who have
received extensive training from expert Master Sommeliers and at the
wineries of Royal Caribbean's Napa Valley partners. VINTAGES also
features live music and complimentary hors d'oeuvres nightly.

The wine bar is located on Mariner's Royal Promenade, a dining,
entertainment and shopping "street" that runs down the center of the
ship. Designed in the rustic style of California wine country,
VINTAGES features warm woods and rich leathers, gleaming copper and
brass fixtures, flagstone walls, terracotta floors, and a 600-bottle
wine cellar. Photos and television monitors guide guests on a virtual
tour of the California wine country as Michael Mondavi, chairman of
Robert Mondavi; Ed Sbragia, winemaster of Beringer Vineyards; and
Francis Ford Coppola, owner of Niebaum-Coppola Estate Winery, share
personal insights and winemaking philosophies with guests via video.

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand currently with
18 ships in service and two more under construction or on firm order.
The company also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska, Canada
and Europe. For additional information about the cruise line, please
contact your travel agent.
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:17 PM
jcoulter

Ray Goldenberg wrote in
:

Central to the enhanced VINTAGES program is a vastly expanded wine
list, now featuring 61 offerings from Robert Mondavi, Beringer Blass
and Niebaum- Coppola, and representing some of the world's premiere
winegrowing regions: California, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and
Chile.

Of course that says soemthign for those of us who love French wines
Old November 12th, 2003, 08:16 PM
DaFlaBear

That sounds great as we are going on the Mariner 1/18.
I wonder if they have finally realized that the reason why their
"Champaign Bars" are the loneliest places on ship because they allow
smoking.
It drives me nuts to sit at the bar in the "Champaign Bar" drinking a
tasty glass or bottle of fine wine or Champaign/Sparkling wine when some
idiot lights up a cigarette next to me and kills my taste buds.

" No one promises you tomorrow".... Walter Payton, 10/7/84.

Old November 12th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Howard Garland

DaFlaBear wrote:

That sounds great as we are going on the Mariner 1/18.
I wonder if they have finally realized that the reason why their
"Champaign Bars" are the loneliest places on ship because they allow
smoking.
It drives me nuts to sit at the bar in the "Champaign Bar" drinking a
tasty glass or bottle of fine wine or Champaign/Sparkling wine when some
idiot lights up a cigarette next to me and kills my taste buds.

You could try waving your hand in his face; but if the "idiot" happens
to be, you might find your hand up your ass.

Howard - too enervated for a good flame or fight.

Old November 12th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Howard Garland

leek wrote:

Well, the problem is that wine/champagne drinking usually implies that
you are tasting and smelling the wine, something with which smoking
interferes. So why not have the Martini bar on the smoking side and the
Wine/champagne bar on the non-smoking side?

Sounds like a plan.

Howard - feeling much more mellow after his 90 min, weekly massage.

Old November 13th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Jeff Coudriet

That's exactly how the Platinum Club on the M-class Celebrity ships
works I think....Martini bar side is smoking I believe, champagne non.

Jeff

Old November 13th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Charles

In article , Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

That's exactly how the Platinum Club on the M-class Celebrity ships
works I think....Martini bar side is smoking I believe, champagne non.

On Celebrity Summit the Champagne Bar side was smoking, the Martini Bar
was non-smoking.

--
Charles