Volendam pictures - Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curacao, Panama Canal -Gatun Lake, Colon, Limon

Old April 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Volendam pictures - Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curacao, Panama Canal -Gatun Lake, Colon, Limon

Here is a link to our pictures from our Volendam cruise 1/12/07-1/22/07.
Our ports were Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curacao, Panama Canal - Gatun Lake,
Colon and Limon, Costa Rica.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557217899XCSUBn

We haven't had time to write a review or finish labeling all the
pictures. We did have a wonderful cruise, enjoyed the ports and the ship.

The highlights of our cruise were our visit to the Embera Indian Village
from Gatun Lake and sitting along the waterway in Curacao, having a bite
to eat and watching the ships go by and the bridge opening and closing.
We took the ferry one way and walked across the bridge on the way back
to the ship. Another highlight of being in Curacao was seeing all the
beautiful colors of the buildings.

I believe that some of the posters here will be going to Aruba and
Curacao in the near future, so if you have any questions let me know.

sue
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill C

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
[...]

Sue,
Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures. I appreciate it. :-)

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Bill C wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
[...]

No problem, I just had to remember to make them public instead of
private.lol

sue
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Diana Ball

Great shots, Sue! Thanks so much for sharing your album. It's interesting to
hear your praise of your visit to the native village by Gatun Lake. I am
filing it away as resource material for the Panama Canal cruise I imagine
we'll take one day.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old April 24th, 2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Diana Ball wrote:
Great shots, Sue! Thanks so much for sharing your album. It's interesting to
hear your praise of your visit to the native village by Gatun Lake. I am
filing it away as resource material for the Panama Canal cruise I imagine
we'll take one day.

If someone has not been through at least the Gatun Lakes before, I would
tell them to stay on the ship and enjoy the locks. We had been through
Gatun Lake and the locks once before and intend to do a full transit
some day. As a result this time I didn't mind missing seeing the locks.

The Embera Indian Village is a "real" village and you get to see how the
people live and dress everyday. As I recall the government helped this
tribe move to this location, so it would be available for the tourists
to see.

They sell wonderful crafts that they have made themselves and this is
part of their income. I have a small woven bowl that I bought and the
colors and workman ship are beautiful.

Some of the children as they get older have to leave the village to
attend school, but the village remains their home and is where they come
back to on all school vactions.

sue
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
Here is a link to our pictures from our Volendam cruise 1/12/07-1/22/07.
Our ports were Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curacao, Panama Canal - Gatun Lake,
Colon and Limon, Costa Rica.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557217899XCSUBn

We haven't had time to write a review or finish labeling all the
pictures. We did have a wonderful cruise, enjoyed the ports and the ship.

The highlights of our cruise were

(snip)

....meeting up with Peri and Peter for drinks at the Marriott in Aruba!
It's always such fun to see our friends from rtc, especially when we're
hundreds of miles away from home!!

:-)

~ Peri
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Peri wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
Here is a link to our pictures from our Volendam cruise
1/12/07-1/22/07. Our ports were Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curacao, Panama
Canal - Gatun Lake, Colon and Limon, Costa Rica.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557217899XCSUBn

We haven't had time to write a review or finish labeling all the
pictures. We did have a wonderful cruise, enjoyed the ports and the ship.

The highlights of our cruise were

(snip)

...meeting up with Peri and Peter for drinks at the Marriott in Aruba!
It's always such fun to see our friends from rtc, especially when we're
hundreds of miles away from home!!

You know it was so long ago, would you refresh my memory(VBG).

Meeting you and Peter was a highlight for us and I think it was only the
second time we meet cruise/net friends on shore while away on a cruise.
The first time around we were supposed to meet Becca and George, but
that didn't work out. The same trip we bumped into Tobie and Barb while
wandering the streets of St. Maartin.

I am just sorry we aren't going to get to see you before you head for
the Liberty. We will have to plan a get together once Kevin gets home
from his next business trip.

sue
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Thanks for the photos Sue. I too have a bunch of photos from our
recent cruise to the Panama Canal and back on the Coral Princess from
Port Everglades. I am still storting through what I have, so it may be
a few days or a week before I get them posted to the internet.

Michael

Old April 30th, 2007, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Apr 24, 11:30 am, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:
[...]

Hi sue look the photos .I like to try that class of HAL"s ships .I
like the size .