LateRooms

Old December 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andreas H. Zappel

Default LateRooms

How respectable is LateRooms.com?

From the view of a hotel (my view) not very respactable.
They add hotel room contigents themselves to the hotel, when the hotel
didn't put in enough time in advance without any information to the
hotel.
Only because of a reservation for a period which wasn't yet opened
from the hotel in the system (and which never would have been opened
to the system) the hotel found out what did happen.
After contacting the guest, that the reservation could not be taken
care and cancelling it to the system the contract was terminated form
the hotel.
But not from LateRooms. They send an invoice for the cancelled
reservation to the hotel. And the hotel was still listed at their
system - 5 month after terminating the contract!

It took several emails to get the contract terminated and the invoice
cancelled - but they are not able to delete the hotels email out of
their mailing lists.

I never would use LateRooms.com because I never could be shure if the
hotel added the contigent to the system or if LateRooms did do it
themselves without authorisation.

Greetings from Cologne

Andreas

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andreas H. Zappel

"Runge 132" wrote:

Usually people from Koeln use HRS....

Why?
Only because they are located in Cologne?

Sorry, but after reading their contract, I prefer not to be listed in
this system.

Greetings from Cologne

Andreas
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:19 AM
LateRooms_com LateRooms_com is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas H. Zappel View Post
How respectable is LateRooms.com?

From the view of a hotel (my view) not very respactable.
[...]

Hi Andreas,

I hope you don't mind me replying to your thread, my name is Rich and I work for LateRooms.com.

I'm really sorry to read that you may have experienced some issues with our site - If you could please email the full details of your issue including the name of your hotel we can look into this and hopefully resolve things for you ASAP.

You can contact us at

Kind Regards,

Rich
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

Andreas H. Zappel;1031645 Wrote:
How respectable is LateRooms.com?

From the view of a hotel (my view) not very respactable.
They add hotel room contigents themselves to the hotel,
when the hotel didn't put in enough time in advance
without any information to the hotel.

What do you mean by "contigent"? It isn't an English word -
what would you have said in German?

Old December 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis[_3_]

Jack Campin:

Andreas H. Zappel;1031645 Wrote:
How respectable is LateRooms.com?

From the view of a hotel (my view) not very respactable.
They add hotel room contigents themselves to the hotel,
when the hotel didn't put in enough time in advance
without any information to the hotel.

What do you mean by "contigent"? It isn't an English word -
what would you have said in German?

The German word is "Kontigent". In English rather something like
"Quota".
In the hotel business, some operators get assigned a fixed number of
rooms-per-period-of-time for them to fill. I am pretty sure this was
what Andreas meant to say.

--
Erick

"The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant."
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos[_2_]

19.12.2011 14:36, Erick T. Barkhuis kirjoitti:
Jack Campin:

Andreas H. Zappel;1031645 Wrote:
How respectable is LateRooms.com?

From the view of a hotel (my view) not very respactable.
They add hotel room contigents themselves to the hotel,
when the hotel didn't put in enough time in advance
without any information to the hotel.

What do you mean by "contigent"? It isn't an English word -
what would you have said in German?

The German word is "Kontigent". In English rather something like

One of my dictionaries suggests "Kontingent" for proper spelling. It is
something similar in English (Enklantti).
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis[_3_]

Markku Grönroos:

19.12.2011 14:36, Erick T. Barkhuis kirjoitti:

The German word is "Kontigent". In English rather something like

One of my dictionaries suggests "Kontingent" for proper spelling.

That's correct. With three n's.
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

How respectable is LateRooms.com?
From the view of a hotel (my view) not very respactable.
They add hotel room contigents themselves to the hotel,
when the hotel didn't put in enough time in advance
without any information to the hotel.
What do you mean by "contigent"? It isn't an English word -
what would you have said in German?

The German word is "Kontigent". In English rather something like

One of my dictionaries suggests "Kontingent" for proper spelling.
It is something similar in English (Enklantti).

"Contingent" in English has no meaning that relates to the hotel trade.

I still can't work out what the complaint is.

Old December 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Jack Campin wrote:

One of my dictionaries suggests "Kontingent" for proper spelling.

"Contingent" in English has no meaning that relates to the hotel trade.

Curious that the word does not exist in English but in German, while I
can relate it to the italian "contingente". Not that it has anything to
do with hotel trade specifically.

But contingente (as noun, not adjective) at least in Italian (and so I
learn also in German) indicates "a numbered quantity of something"
(persons or things). Very common the expression "contingente militare"
to indicate a group of soldiers sent somewhere on a mission. But it can
be an allotment of goods, or, presumably in this case, a quantity of
hotel rooms. I presume the suggestion for "quota" is appropriate.

I still can't work out what the complaint is.

Actually I do not care. Just interested in the language aspect.

is a newsreading account used by more persons to