road conditions at Guanella Pass, Colorado?

Old November 29th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Bill Hilton

Default road conditions at Guanella Pass, Colorado?

Is there a site on the net with updated road conditions for Guanella Pass?
Couldn't find it mentioned on the official Colorado highways site ...

I understand that even though it's a dirt road it is plowed during the winter,
especially from the Georgetown approach, but obviously it's not maintained like
a paved highway. I need to get to the summit ...

Thanks.

Bill
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Steve Cain

If my memory serves the dirt portion of the road near Grant was paved long
ago. Haven't been that way too many times since the closing of the Geneva
Basin Ski Area. I believe that road to be continuously maintained. Be
certain to have an understanding of up to date avalanche info before you
ski/snow shoe.
Have fun. s

Old November 30th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Bill Pittman

In article ,
Auntie Em wrote:

It seems that if it isn't plowed during the winter there must be a
reason for it. Maybe it's because they don't want imbicles going up
there in the winter!

Like those that use a non-word like "imbicles"?

Old November 30th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Auntie Em

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:42:49 GMT, Bill Pittman
wrote:

In article ,
Auntie Em wrote:

It seems that if it isn't plowed during the winter there must be a
reason for it. Maybe it's because they don't want imbicles going up
there in the winter!

Like those that use a non-word like "imbicles"?

typos happen. life goes on.

Em

Be careful what you wish for....