hotel in SF, Union Sq.

Old March 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
mdb

Default hotel in SF, Union Sq.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Cornell Hotel de France at 715 Bush
St, near Union Sq., in SF? We're staying in SF for a few days in early April
and are considering a stay at that hotel. They don't seem to book through
any of the major travel sites. About $120 for their largest rooms. I've read
with interest some of the other posts about hotels in the Union Sq. area but
haven't seen anyone mention this one. Thanks.

Old March 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM
David Bennetts

"mdb" wrote in message
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Cornell Hotel de France at 715 Bush
St, near Union Sq., in SF? We're staying in SF for a few days in early
April and are considering a stay at that hotel. They don't seem to book
through any of the major travel sites. About $120 for their largest rooms.
I've read with interest some of the other posts about hotels in the Union
Sq. area but haven't seen anyone mention this one. Thanks.

There's a dozen reviews of that hotel at www.tripadvisor.com, all highly
favourable except for one disgruntled reviewer.
Just type in cornell san francisco in the search box.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old March 7th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Icono Clast

mdb wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Cornell Hotel de France at
715 Bush St, near Union Sq.,

I lived there for about a year before it was converted to a hotel.
It's an excellent location. I think the price a big high but it could
be very nice.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:50 AM
usatraveler

"mdb" wrote in message
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Cornell Hotel de France at 715 Bush
St, near Union Sq., in SF? We're staying in SF for a few days in early

April
and are considering a stay at that hotel. They don't seem to book through
any of the major travel sites. About $120 for their largest rooms. I've

read
with interest some of the other posts about hotels in the Union Sq. area

but
haven't seen anyone mention this one. Thanks.

I stayed there for a week last October. Not bad. The location was
excellent and the price was right for my budget. I found the staff to be
less than friendly, but my demands were few and I left with an good
impression of the place. I stayed in the hotel's largest room and it was
still relatively small-- suitable for an unfussy couple. Didn't try the
French restaurant in the basement; I hear it gets favorable reviews.