Loveboat Theme

Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Loveboat Theme

On Feb 2, 11:24�pm, Brian K wrote:
On 2/1/2009 8:31 PM �Rosalie B. scrawled with a big red tube of lipstick: (Carol Eskra) wrote:

The Norway was a beautiful ship and I sailed on her twice. Will always
remember the excellent service in the diningroom from the Jamaican's.
Back then even the caesar salad was made at your table! Also had fun in
the crew bar as my sister and I were invited by the Norwegians, and they
really know how to party.
Oh to be young and good looking again! LOL

I'd settle for just a little less decrepit

The "Love Boat Theme" ? Didn't they send that to that scrap yard in
India along with the ship that was used in that insipid series? �Maybe
they should commission Elton John, or Jimmy Buffett to compose a song
for Princess. �As a matter of preference, I think a Jimmy Buffett song
should be played on all cruise ships plying the Caribbean waters. �
Carnival could play "Fins". Princess - "Boat Drinks", Celebrity -
"Changes in Attitudes Changes in Lattitudes" �and HAL "Son of a son of a
sailor". �Notice I've left out "Margaritaville"; it's over played.. �
Jimmy has written a heck of a lot more songs since Margaritaville.

--
________
�To �email me, Edit "blog" from my email address.

I think it should be Its 5 Oclock SOmewhere!

Susette
Cruise outlets and Travel
800-853-9515
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Feb 3, 9:10�am, "George Leppla" wrote:
wrote in message

Does anyone know if Princess still plays the � "Loveboat" theme when
boarding?
Thanks, Shirley

As company policy, they don't..... but some of the cruise directors sneak it
in at some point during the cruise.

FWIW - I was attending a cruise marketing seminar and they talked about
Princess and the Love Boat theme. �It appears that the general consensus was
that the "Love Boat" was so closely identified with Princess specifically
and cruising in general that it was a huge mistake for them to abandon it in
their advertising.

It was the first recreational "cruise brand" that was popularized, had
almost universal name recognition and was a positive force in building the
modern cruise industry.... and the power-that-be walked away from it.

--
George Leppla � �http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Webloghttp://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

George Your right a silly mistake cause us Boomers remember that
series it was part of our life, YET they always seem to use Capt
Stuebing for bringing in new Ships and members of the cast... And
since they were the Love boat what nice thing to be remembered for
LOVE!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

If it had not been for the "LOVE BOAT" t.v.show,and my husbands gentle
persuasion,i would never had taken a cruise,but will hope to look
forward to our 46th cruise sometime soon.
Surfer e2468

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 4th, 2009, 01:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_5_]

Brian K wrote in
m:

(Carol Eskra) wrote:

[...]

Latitudes would have to be NCL RCI in homage to Johnny Rockets could do
Cheeseburger in Paradise Though that gets into a whole nother round of
trademarks

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old February 4th, 2009, 01:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_5_]

Susette wrote in
:

George Your right a silly mistake cause us Boomers remember that
series it was part of our life, YET they always seem to use Capt
Stuebing for bringing in new Ships and members of the cast... And
since they were the Love boat what nice thing to be remembered for
LOVE!

They recognized the mistake that is why they have reached out to the
whole cast of Love Boat, Gavin has been the one to jump on it but they
have not forgotten just misplaced it along the way.

Old February 4th, 2009, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
05.209...
Brian K wrote in
m:

The "Love Boat Theme" ? Didn't they send that to that scrap yard in
India along with the ship that was used in that insipid series? Maybe
they should commission Elton John, or Jimmy Buffett to compose a song
for Princess. As a matter of preference, I think a Jimmy Buffett song
should be played on all cruise ships plying the Caribbean waters.
Carnival could play "Fins". Princess - "Boat Drinks", Celebrity -
"Changes in Attitudes Changes in Lattitudes" and HAL "Son of a son of
a sailor". Notice I've left out "Margaritaville"; it's over played.
Jimmy has written a heck of a lot more songs since Margaritaville.

Latitudes would have to be NCL RCI in homage to Johnny Rockets could do
Cheeseburger in Paradise Though that gets into a whole nother round of
trademarks

So should HAL be "Pirate Looks at 80"? (ouch that's cold...)

--Tom