Cruise Passenger Sues Over Injury!

Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Cruise Passenger Sues Over Injury!

Hi Everyone,

I saw this article in the Hartford Courant and thought it would be of
interest.
http://tinyurl.com/axbfy
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old November 23rd, 2005, 08:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I saw this article in the Hartford Courant and thought it would be of
interest.
http://tinyurl.com/axbfy
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Was she still drunk when she filed the lawsuit? Should be a no-brainer for
the Judge.

Old November 24th, 2005, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Danni" wrote in message
. ..

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I saw this article in the Hartford Courant and thought it would be of
interest.
http://tinyurl.com/axbfy
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Was she still drunk when she filed the lawsuit? Should be a no-brainer

for
the Judge.

I think she and her lawyer were both drunk. One of the provisions in the
cruise contract, and it is one they actually enforce, requires suits to be
filed in a court with juristiction over Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Further, they always print the master's name proximately on the front of
every Carnival Caper. This case will be thrown out so fast, her lawyer
won't be able to bill her for the court time. Then, we get to watch the
woman sue her lawyer for malpractice, which it looks like she may have a
better case than the one she has against Carnival.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

Old November 24th, 2005, 05:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Unable to read the article since "tinyurl.com" uses java- or
activex-based scripts to display the article.... how about you posting
the articles in TEXT format so we can all read them?

Old November 24th, 2005, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:37:59 GMT, hahaha
wrote:

Unable to read the article since "tinyurl.com" uses java- or
activex-based scripts to display the article.... how about you posting
the articles in TEXT format so we can all read them?

Hi,

Sorry, no can do. I respect our copyright laws.

Old November 24th, 2005, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Cruise Passenger Sues Over Injury
November 23, 2005
Hartford Courant Staff Report

NEW HAVEN -- A Westbrook woman who was injured during a game aboard a
Carnival Cruise Lines ship is suing the company, alleging that booze
and a slippery deck contributed to the fall that broke her tailbone.

Theresa Arute originally filed her lawsuit in Superior Court in New
Haven. The case was transferred this week to federal court.

Arute was injured aboard the Carnival ship Sensation during a five-day
cruise in August 2004 that left from Miami. Lured by a free bottle of
champagne and a cruise video, Arute agreed to participate in a game on
the sundeck involving several other passengers, many of whom had been
drinking, the lawsuit states.

The deck had just been used for ice carvings, leaving shaved ice and
water on the floor, the suit said. A crew member instructed one of the
men to lift Arute into the air, but the man slipped on the ice, dropped
Arute and fell on top of her, causing Arute to break her tailbone, the
suit said.

Arute, who had signed a liability waiver before boarding the ship,
contends in her lawsuit that Carnival was negligent by failing to mop
the deck of ice and make sure passengers participating in the game were
sober.

She later tried to identify the "master" of the ship to include in the
lawsuit, but Carnival refused to give the information, she said in the
lawsuit. Arute has filed copies of the suit with the state attorney
general and the Department of Consumer Protection.
http://www.courant.com/travel/hc-cru...adlines-travel

Old November 24th, 2005, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

hahaha wrote:
Unable to read the article since "tinyurl.com" uses java- or
activex-based scripts to display the article.... how about you posting
the articles in TEXT format so we can all read them?

No, it does not use Java or ActiveX. It just uses Javascript.

There's very little reason for you not to have Javascript enabled. In
fact, .there are many many web sites that are useless without it.

Kev

Old December 6th, 2005, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I think we have an anti-Semite here. What is the National Institute of
Trial Defense Attorneys? I didn't find anything on a Google search?
How would they know what percent of the plaintiffs are Jewish? The
plaintiff's religion or ethnicity does not appear in court documents.

A study by the National Institute of Trial Defence Attorneys(NITDA) found
that 87% of (non founded)law suits were filed by Jewish plaintifs.
"Thomas Smith" -NO-SPAM wrote in message

. ..

Old December 6th, 2005, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Clearly the ship created a hazardous situation. She has a good chance
to recover damages.