Hotels in Venice?

Old January 8th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Bob Fusillo

Default Hotels in Venice?

I usually stay at Hotel Giardenetto on Lido. This is a small 3 star
hotel 10 minutes from Piazza San Marco, the rooms are clean and the
included breakfast is good and nice. I booked a room this January for
4 people for 60 euro per night. I have stayed in October for 115 euro
per night. It seems to be cheapest from www.hotels.com and can be a
lot higher on some of the other travel sites. If you are willing to
take the very short boat ride to Venice, I think this is a good
bargain. The boat runs 24 hours a day.

Misleading-- it is quite a bit more than ten minutes to the Piazza. The nite
boats run only every hour.
Stay in Venice. If you work out what your entire trip costs you per hour,
you will find it not worth while to spend a lot of time in transport just to
save a euro.

Old January 8th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Bob Fusillo

If you are going soon, you can probably get a nice room at the Pensione
Bucintoro for about 150. A single, much less, but the rooms are not nearly
as nice as the doubles that overlook the lagoon.. It has what many artists
think ( including Whistler who often stayed there and painted the view from
his window) has the best view of any hotel in town.
rjf

"Merri Ann" wrote in message
After doing a few days of research on the internet, I've found that hotels
in Venice are about double the cost of hotels in Barcelona. Does anyone

have
any suggestions on a fairly reasonable (150 Euros or less) hotel in a

decent
location?

Old January 8th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Ken Blake

In news:gm1Lb.82725$I07.411191@attbi_s53,
Bob Fusillo typed:

[...]

I couldn't agree with this sentiment more. If you want to go to
Venice, stay in Venice--not on the Lido and not in Mestre. This
is true from an arithmetic standpoint, but also from an enjoyment
standpoint.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old January 8th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Carole Allen

we stayed at the Airone in Sept 01 and found it very pleasant, an easy
walk from the train station...staff very helpful and friendly

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:43:10 +0000, newsgroup_account
wrote:
A poster on the other board I frequent has just listed a number of
good websites for finding Venice hotels in that price range:

http://www.pensioneaccademia.it/
http://www.lacalcina.com/
http://www.locandaartdeco.com/
http://www.eurocheapo.com/venice/lis...aresidenza.asp
http://www.sancassiano.it/
http://www.aironehotel.com/
http://www.hotelbernardi.com/

He's been to Venice a good deal, and seems to know a lot about it. You
can see the original thread here if you like:

http://www.chatarea.com/backpackers.m1815673
Visit Backpacker's Bulletin Board
www.chatarea.com/backpackers