Vienna hotel question

Old January 5th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Bruce Edwards

Default Vienna hotel question

Can anyone recommend a good small hotel at a reasonable price in a nice
section of Vienna?

Thanks,
Bruce

Old January 6th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Marc

"Bruce Edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a good small hotel at a reasonable price in a nice
section of Vienna?

My wife and I were very pleased with Pension Andreas. It is only a half
block from the Rathaus. Our room was huge and quite reasonable. Breakfast
was generous and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was on a quiet
street so there was very little noise.
In March of 2001 our Double-room (shower/WC), incl. buffet breakfast was
880.00 Austrian Schillings/night. In 2001 that equaled $56.66. Of course
they use Euros now.

Pension Andreas
Schlösselgasse 11
1080 Wien
Tel: 405 34 88, 406 72 43 (44)
Fax: 405 34 88 50
Email:

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." Samuel Johnson

Marc

Old January 6th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Livadia

"Bruce Edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a good small hotel at a reasonable price in a nice
section of Vienna?

Thanks,
Bruce

You may wish to try Pension Shermin -- http://www.hotel-pension-shermin.at/.

Nice, clean rooms, reasonably priced, excellent breakfast, a couple of
minutes from the Karlsplatz underground station, fabulously helpful staff.

I stayed there three years ago and would definitely return.

Hope this helps, and enjoy Vienna!

Livadia

Old January 7th, 2004, 04:35 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bruce Edwards wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good small hotel at a reasonable price in a nice
section of Vienna?

I just returned from Vienna, where I stayed at the Hotel Bellevue - a
reasonably priced four-star hotel. I was very pleased with it,
especially the fact it has a restaurant (since I spent nearly two weeks
of my three week vacation with the flu, not feeling much like braving
the cold for sight-seeing). The food wasn't exactly haute cuisine, but
well prepared, and in addition to the ala carte selections, they offered
a daily three course "taggesmenu" for 8.50 euro, which is a more than
reasonable price, nearly anywhere. Their web-site is:
http://www.HotelBellevue.at/ An ample buffet breakfast is included in
the room price - far better than the one provided by the much higher
priced Hotel Opera in Zurich (where I stayed for the first half of my
travels).
Old January 8th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Gregory Morrow

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Bruce Edwards wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good small hotel at a reasonable price in a nice
section of Vienna?

I just returned from Vienna,

Aren't you going to write up a trip report for us, Evelyn? I for one hope
your trip went well (drag about the flu, though)....

--
Best
Greg

Old January 8th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Lennart Petersen

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" skrev i
meddelandet ...
reasonable price, nearly anywhere. Their web-site is:
http://www.HotelBellevue.at/ An ample buffet breakfast is included in
the room price - far better than the one provided by the much higher
priced Hotel Opera in Zurich (where I stayed for the first half of my
travels).

Just for curiosity, did you get tickets for the Opera in Zürich ?
L.P

Old January 8th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Ryan B

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" skrev i
meddelandet ...
reasonable price, nearly anywhere. Their web-site is:
http://www.HotelBellevue.at/ An ample buffet breakfast is included in
the room price - far better than the one provided by the much higher
priced Hotel Opera in Zurich (where I stayed for the first half of my
travels).

Just for curiosity, did you get tickets for the Opera in Zürich ?
L.P

For cry sake don't start that again.

Ryan

Old January 8th, 2004, 04:42 AM

Bruce Edwards wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good small hotel at a reasonable price in a nice
section of Vienna?

I just returned from Vienna,

Aren't you going to write up a trip report for us, Evelyn? I for one hope
your trip went well (drag about the flu, though)....

Give me another couple of days - I'll get to it, but am still unpacking
and recovering from jet-lag (not to mention the three weeks worth of
work that was waiting for me at the office). Sick or not, the operas
were wonderful - and nowhere else can you hear Merry Widow and
Fledermaus as they do them in Vienna!
Old January 8th, 2004, 04:53 AM

Lennart Petersen wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" skrev i
meddelandet ...
reasonable price, nearly anywhere. Their web-site is:
http://www.HotelBellevue.at/ An ample buffet breakfast is included in
the room price - far better than the one provided by the much higher
priced Hotel Opera in Zurich (where I stayed for the first half of my
travels).

Just for curiosity, did you get tickets for the Opera in Zürich ?

Yes, thanks to monsieur Van Dam making sure I'd have them! That is
really one very kind human being. Not only did he see so I got
tickets, but when he had to cancel the second performance I was to see
(due to the same virus that had plagued the tenor the previous week) he
even had his management call me at my hotel to tell me he was ill and
would not be able to sing that evening. How thoughtful can one be? (He
only knows me as a devoted fan, not personally.)
Old January 8th, 2004, 04:56 AM

Ryan B wrote:

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" skrev i
meddelandet ...
reasonable price, nearly anywhere. Their web-site is:
http://www.HotelBellevue.at/ An ample buffet breakfast is included in
the room price - far better than the one provided by the much higher
priced Hotel Opera in Zurich (where I stayed for the first half of my
travels).

Just for curiosity, did you get tickets for the Opera in Zürich ?
L.P

For cry sake don't start that again.

Excuse me? "Start" what? Seems like a perfectly reasonable question,
considering my inquiry here when there appeared to be some question
about obtaining them.