OT...Europe

Old May 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
T.R.

Default OT...Europe

Anyone want to give my wife and I advice on how to dress when in Europe,
so that we won't look like American tourists.

T.R.
We just want to blend in!!!!!!!

Old May 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM
criix

"T.R." wrote in message
Anyone want to give my wife and I advice on how to dress when in Europe,
so that we won't look like American tourists.

T.R.
We just want to blend in!!!!!!!

I always laugh at these type of questions... I dont really think there is
much difference... I'm Scottish before you ask.

Old May 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Juliana L Holm

T.R. wrote:
Anyone want to give my wife and I advice on how to dress when in Europe,
so that we won't look like American tourists.

It is always my opinion that I will look like a tourist whatever I do. I dress
comfortably and neatly, following local considerations (like not wearing
shorts into churches) but don't sweat it.

I got back from Italy on Monday, there I was mistaken twice for being German.

;-)

--
Julie
**********
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Andi

Things to avoid:
Baseball hats and plain white Tennis shoes.
T-shirts with revealing inscriptions.
If you wear shorts, they are supposed to be what they are called: shorts.
They should not cover your knees but end about a hand above the knees.
If you want to blend in perfectly, wear a soccer-shirt. That would be
perfect.

But then, there is really no reason not to be yourself. You certainly don't
have to be afraid of the people in Europe.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:19 PM
criix

Things to avoid:
Baseball hats and plain white Tennis shoes.
T-shirts with revealing inscriptions.
If you wear shorts, they are supposed to be what they are called: shorts.
They should not cover your knees but end about a hand above the knees.
If you want to blend in perfectly, wear a soccer-shirt. That would be
perfect.

Where the hell do you lot get these daft impressions?

Plenty people here wear plain white t-shirt, (I for one).... And quite often
(well if out in the sun or walking for the day) wear a basball cap.
I wear 'shorts' but these will range from short-shorts, to knee-lenght to
3/4 lenght...
Rarely do I, or do people over the age of 15 wear 'FOOTBALL' shirts
regularly (unless at a game).

(I'm from Scotland)

But then, there is really no reason not to be yourself. You certainly

don't
have to be afraid of the people in Europe.

I agree here.

Old May 26th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Howie

T.R. wrote:

Anyone want to give my wife and I advice on how to dress when in Europe,
so that we won't look like American tourists.

T.R.
We just want to blend in!!!!!!!

If you wear plastic (as opposed to leather) shoes, everyone will think
that you're from Eastern Europe

Howie

Old May 26th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:07:40 -0400,
wrote:

Things to avoid:
Baseball hats and plain white Tennis shoes.
T-shirts with revealing inscriptions.
If you wear shorts, they are supposed to be what they are called: shorts.
They should not cover your knees but end about a hand above the knees.

Hi Everyone,

I saw all of these today in London. Oh, I guess it was me wearing
them. %=)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL